Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Orlando advice

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Orlando in autumn?
Today’s Guardian “Millions of Florida residents remain directly in the crosshairs of the storm, which was expected to remain a powerful hurricane with gusts well above 100mph as it continued on a path north-east toward Orlando, and the Atlantic coast on Thursday.

“Pray for people,” the state’s governor, Ron DeSantis, told reporters.”

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
If going to Florida , I certainly won’t bother to visit Orlando , there are far nicer places to go visit . Fort Lauderdale is nice and South beach Miami spring to mind .

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
I'm sat in Winter Park FL just outside Orlando and the flooding on the west side was pretty bad. 2/3 without power right now but they'll have everything good to go by tomorrow as Disney and Universal plan to re-open and they run the show. Hoping to head back to Sarasota tomorrow if my power comes back on. Ian was a real pain in the neck.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
If going to Florida , I certainly won’t bother to visit Orlando , there are far nicer places to go visit . Fort Lauderdale is nice and South beach Miami spring to mind .

He's not going to Florida for the scenery though is he. He's taking his family to enjoy the theme parks and probably doesn't fancy the commute from Miami to the Magic Kingdom.

Mar 26, 2008
Eastbourne
He's not going to Florida for the scenery though is he. He's taking his family to enjoy the theme parks and probably doesn't fancy the commute from Miami to the Magic Kingdom.

I agree that there are loads of great places in Florida. When I went as an adult, I loved the Keys and the West coast but this one is for the kids; Disney, water park’s etc. if we can afford to go again, I will broaden their horizons.

Mar 26, 2008
Eastbourne
Also, given you are on here, I assume sport is high on the agenda

Basketball season just about to start

https://www.attractiontickets.com/e...-tickets/orlando-magic-basketball-ticket-only

As is the football season albeit last game looks like before you go

https://www.orlandocitysc.com/schedule/matches#competition=all&date=2022-01-01

Amazing, thanks. Shame about the football though but a couple of basketball games while we are there. Surprised that they finished bottom last year I always thought that they were a top team. Should be a great atmosphere either way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here