Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A giant flag for the North (and other stands)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm not really sharing the opprobrium about this flag.

Who are we (you) to be telling these people their flag is 'wrong'?

Its being crowdfunded, with a clear image of the intended flag design. If enough people want this flag made, to stump up the cash to make it - that's what they've chosen to do with THEIR cash.

Other people could always spend their own money on another 'better' flag. :shrug:

The OP has asked these questions (below) in his post, maybe some of the replies are just opinions to what he has asked.
I can understand your points if he hadn’t posted this on NSC and people on here were knocking a group of fans had decided to buy a flag and display it.
When I first read the opening post I also thought that maybe he was also trying to raise the money from NSC members. :shrug:

Do people think this is a good idea and more importantly, North stand season ticket holders do you want to pass this over your heads before the game?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I see on Facebook that they are going to make the flag bigger with supporter services chipping in. They also plan for this to just be start with further flags etc to be crowdfunded. Sounds good to me.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Just seen there's been a bit of an update on this. Firstly the money has been raised so it is happening. Secondly, the flag is now bigger than originally planned. The club have chipped in a bit to make it now 15m x 12m. Also the design has been tweaked so its a little less busy. See on the link below (new design on bottom of article).

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/forza-de-zerbi---the-italian-job/updates/189577#start

It might not be to everyones taste as a flag with more longevity might have been better. But overall i say well done to them for organising it, the tweaked design is an improvement, and its a nice touch of support to the new manager.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes on reflection we are a bunch of moany old gits on here (me included) THe intetion was as a welcome to the new manager and that's fine.

It definitely needed to be bigger and may even still need to be bigger still, but I'd like to think in future we can have some generic Albion designs, or maybe some one offs to celebrate certain legend players.

Not sure when Dunk's next milestone game is but that's definitely one to consider with images of Dunk plus "one of our own" for his 400th appearance maybe?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes on reflection we are a bunch of moany old gits on here (me included) THe intetion was as a welcome to the new manager and that's fine.

It definitely needed to be bigger and may even still need to be bigger still, but I'd like to think in future we can have some generic Albion designs, or maybe some one offs to celebrate certain legend players.

Not sure when Dunk's next milestone game is but that's definitely one to consider with images of Dunk plus "one of our own" for his 400th appearance maybe?

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=54394

According to this, Lewis has made 371 first team appearances for the Albion. Fitness and suspensions aside, he should hit 400 in May.

I'd be very happy to contribute to that.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Just seen there's been a bit of an update on this. Firstly the money has been raised so it is happening. Secondly, the flag is now bigger than originally planned. The club have chipped in a bit to make it now 15m x 12m. Also the design has been tweaked so its a little less busy. See on the link below (new design on bottom of article).

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/forza-de-zerbi---the-italian-job/updates/189577#start

It might not be to everyones taste as a flag with more longevity might have been better. But overall i say well done to them for organising it, the tweaked design is an improvement, and its a nice touch of support to the new manager.

Still not a fan I’m afraid.

Mostly because I don’t like international flags at domestic football. Flags at our stadium should be in club colours in my opinion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

First I’ve heard of this.

Looks brilliant!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Sorry but NO. Should only be about us not a new manager. I want to be able to celebrate the players coming out, not be covered in a flag. How does that improve the atmosphere? It's when the game is actually being played which matters, not as the players come, crap idea.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The North Stand has one job. Be noisy. They don't do that very well very often, so not sure covering them in cloth will help 'improve the atmosphere'!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Is it going 'around the ground'. In which case will it start in the SW corner and work its way along the west. What happens when it gets to the press area, will JC stand up and help it over?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Should’ve 100% ONLY ever been a tribute to Mr Bloom IMO but I respect the opinions of those that wanted to do this and have got it done. No harm. Good on ya. RDZ will appreciate it enormously I’m sure, which cannot be a bad thing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The North Stand has one job. Be noisy. They don't do that very well very often, so not sure covering them in cloth will help 'improve the atmosphere'!

Yeah but no but. Pathetic in the extreme IMHO that 2.5k Albion fans in the North are supposed to somehow act as cheerleaders for the other 25k Albion fans in the stadium who mainly just sit there. Go have a serious f*cking word with yerselves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here