Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2022/23 edition)

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Was expecting Bozza to generate this topic earlier than this, but am trying to hold off putting the heating on for as long as possible this year, to see if it’s possible to actually acclimatise a bit rather than just reach for the thermostat.

Am finding myself fine when I’m moving around, but requiring a 3rd layer of clothing if sitting still for any length of time.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
We're holding out until the start of October, and instead relying on your tactic of wearing an extra layer of clothing.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not yet. Had the boiler serviced last week, so we ready when needed.

NOD

Aug 5, 2011
Heathfield
Trying to hold off this year, wfh but have a blanket on my lap already, might invest in a heated blanket as always seems a waste to heat the whole house, when it's just me at home during the day.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
As is my standard response to these threads , it's not been turned off since 2018 when we had the new boiler put in, if the thermostat and weather compensation thinks the house needs heat, it gets it.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Our heating isn't on yet. Hoping to last out until October, but we will have it on when we need to.

In the meantime, heat the person and not the room. It's a lot cheaper to heat your body than a whole house full of cold air.

Have a good breakfast (e.g. porridge), layer up, increase your activity levels, wear a hat.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Bit of manning up needs to be done I reckon :)

It's not remotely cold yet!

I’m afraid (speaking purely for myself) that the second the temperature drops below 18 degrees centigrade I start to feel uncomfortably cold. Despite being born and bred in England, my internal thermometer seems set for life in Australia or the warmer parts of Africa.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seriously? I'm still in shorts, bare feet and haven't reached for the hoodie yet.

I think that the temp is going to have to be a lot, lot colder before the heating goes on this year.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm not made of money...

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I don’t even contemplate putting the heating on until the clocks go back, end of October and I feel the cold.
I did have a hot water bottle on my feet last night in bed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Depends where you live. High of 12 degrees here today. Haven’t got the heating on yet but may light the log burner later.

The actual temperature is 13C here at the moment but with a NW wind of 21 mph it feels like 10C

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here