Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

The "harm" is that people with sufficient loyalty points are buying away tickets to pass on to their mates, who don't have the points. The buyer then gets the bonus of boosting their own loyalty points, the mate gets to go to a game he shouldn't be able to, whilst others who might've had a chance of going with their points threshold can't, because of these herberts cheating the system.

Especially for games such as Brentford, which is close by but has a small capacity.

As frustrating as that can be, maybe they should buy their tickets quicker then? I don’t complain if I miss out on a ticket but find out someone with less points is going, because I realise it’s just life and I can’t go to everything. There will always be another time.

Whilst people may not be making profits by moving the ticket on they certainly are denying people who have the points but maybe not enough at sell out point . I know one away game i was at in London which was a sell out guy was saying he got a ticket for it and he was not even a member. Also know another using his dad's ticket who had lots of points.

I just think it’s ‘unlucky, better luck next time’ it’s not as if it’s chronically happening.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
anyone aware if any other clubs have similar systems? or are we taking solving this issue to new heights?

I’ve heard of fans being told to collect tickets at the away ground, namely from Man U supporting friend and a palace supporting friend, don’t think it’s a particularly new idea.

Edit, it was a Man U supporting friend not Leeds.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They can get to ****. This just feels like then tarring us all with the same brush, YET AGAIN. I’m sure it might be ok, but this is utter boll*cks. As someone else said, I’d be concerned by the Amex empty seats rather than this. Would love to know if they’ve genuinely tracked accounts or if someone snitched. Just feel like we are constantly being read the riot act and each time it alienates me more. I will be running tight for time at Brentford away due to work. If they select my account randomly, that means I’ll likely miss kick off. Brilliant. Hopefully they know who they are targeting. Don’t see the harm myself. Innocent passing on the ticket to a friend. Rare does that go wrong. But club love to water down our support so I’m not surprised.

I’m confused. Are we all being ‘tarred with the same brush’ and these practices don’t actually happen or has ‘someone snitched’ on people ‘passing on to a friend’ which is exactly what the club want to stop ? Either you are involved in this so your upset is down to that or you aren’t so you have nothing to worry about. If you are involved then I would rather you didn’t buy tickets for your non qualifying friends such that away allocations sell out before they go on sale to Albion + members like myself and my family.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
England games are 100% collection for away games. In the city of the game. Stopped fraudulent claims for caps with photoshopped receipts etc

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
On sale away tickets now :

Man City on general sale
Wolves : My Albion + from tomorrow
Arsenal : My Albion +. They will be giving them away this time next week.

Appreciate Brentford was a different story - and clearly something going on there - but would seem overkill to have the ticket inspector on duty for any of the above games. The London games have always historically been where the bells turn up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’m confused. Are we all being ‘tarred with the same brush’ and these practices don’t actually happen or has ‘someone snitched’ on people ‘passing on to a friend’ which is exactly what the club want to stop ? Either you are involved in this so your upset is down to that or you aren’t so you have nothing to worry about. If you are involved then I would rather you didn’t buy tickets for your non qualifying friends such that away allocations sell out before they go on sale to Albion + members like myself and my family.

It's in the article. Some morons using tickets they weren't entitled have got themselves arrested or ejected. If you're dumb enough to pass on (or sell) your away ticket to a moron then don't complain when the club ban you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Haven’t taken much notice of what tiers get reached for various games, but don’t we basically have a load (‘big clubs’, small grounds and the Stad de Clad) that fly off the shelves and sell out quickly in T2 and the rest that usually go down to A+/members ? If so, what this’ll mean in practice is more availability for T2 for the high demand games, but not enough for most to notice any difference as they’ll still sell out early in the T2 window anyway.

Don’t think anyone can argue that it’s unfair, but the bluntness of the comms and the arbitrary and pretty draconian ‘sanctions’ look a bit OTT.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Haven’t taken much notice of what tiers get reached for various games, but don’t we basically have a load (‘big clubs’, small grounds and the Stad de Clad) that fly off the shelves and sell out quickly in T2 and the rest that usually go down to A+/members ? If so, what this’ll mean in practice is more availability for T2 for the high demand games, but not enough for most to notice any difference as they’ll still sell out early in the T2 window anyway.

Don’t think anyone can argue that it’s unfair, but the bluntness of the comms and the arbitrary and pretty draconian ‘sanctions’ look a bit OTT.

Why ? The club has a system it wants to use to sell tickets and it doesn’t want it gamed by a clique. Telling people stuff they don’t want to hear is always a bit tricky, particularly when they have been found out.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

If they're only going to check, a presumably quite small, section of tickets then the sanction has to be severe to put people off. If the punishment was more lenient then most people would choose to risk it.

By the same logic, some people are terrified of sharks even though the chances of being attacked by one are tiny, because it's so horrifying if it happens.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
They can get to ****. This just feels like then tarring us all with the same brush, YET AGAIN. I’m sure it might be ok, but this is utter boll*cks. As someone else said, I’d be concerned by the Amex empty seats rather than this. Would love to know if they’ve genuinely tracked accounts or if someone snitched. Just feel like we are constantly being read the riot act and each time it alienates me more. I will be running tight for time at Brentford away due to work. If they select my account randomly, that means I’ll likely miss kick off. Brilliant. Hopefully they know who they are targeting. Don’t see the harm myself. Innocent passing on the ticket to a friend. Rare does that go wrong. But club love to water down our support so I’m not surprised.

The ‘friend’ might well have far fewer loyalty points than many fans who wanted to go and missed out.

There is no point in having a loyalty point system if some of those at the top of the loyalty point league are dictating who can and can’t go to games.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I feel like there must be a middle ground somewhere there, it just seems like the club didn't bother to investigate what that may look like. As someone else said, a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

I tell you what should be a really quick and easy fix if the club have considered it. Some sort of group of fans, voted in by fans, to have a direct line to the club to discuss changes like this. Because I think this sort of stuff would be flagged early that way and the nuance/grey areas could really be looked at.

You could call it something like the Fan Advisory Board. Food for thought.

I feel like there must be a middle ground somewhere there, it just seems like the club didn't bother to investigate what that may look like. As someone else said, a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

I tell you what should be a really quick and easy fix if the club have considered it. Some sort of group of fans, voted in by fans, to have a direct line to the club to discuss changes like this. Because I think this sort of stuff would be flagged early that way and the nuance/grey areas could really be looked at.

You could call it something like the Fan Advisory Board. Food for thought.

I’d imagine this has been reviewed following the announced issue for the Brentford game I think where the loophole of STH were able to pre load baskets for their mates before coming online officially.

No doubt people have complained and not being able to ge tickets fairly.

Knowing the club, I suspect they’ve done a wholesale review of away ticketing including a review of social member and concluded that the loyalty point system is being abused by some.

It will be frustrating (sometimes) for genuine purchasers but the club can’t sit back and do nothing if it’s proven to be abused.

BHAFC Twitter is awash with club abuse from people clearly without enough loyalty points who have been going away. Quite a few use their actual names as their handle which is naive

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why ? The club has a system it wants to use to sell tickets and it doesn’t want it gamed by a clique. Telling people stuff they don’t want to hear is always a bit tricky, particularly when they have been found out.

Agree with the first bit….but think an instant 10 game home ban (at least) is harsh. Would probably have got less for setting off pyros until recently.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Prior to me getting an ST, away tickets werent as hard work to acquire as you'd think. Wolves and Leicester nearly always go past ST holders. Villa is surprisingly popular and so was Norwich last year but as a general rule anything North of London (or not Bournemouth or Southampton) are normally there if you want them. Even West Ham last year went to general sale as it was midweek.

It seems the novelty has worn off going to some of the Northern grounds albeit there is a renewed interest coupled with our superb away form.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’d imagine this has been reviewed following the announced issue for the Brentford game I think where the loophole of STH were able to pre load baskets for their mates before coming online officially.

No doubt people have complained and not being able to ge tickets fairly.

Knowing the club, I suspect they’ve done a wholesale review of away ticketing including a review of social member and concluded that the loyalty point system is being abused by some.

It will be frustrating (sometimes) for genuine purchasers but the club can’t sit back and do nothing if it’s proven to be abused.

BHAFC Twitter is awash with club abuse from people clearly without enough loyalty points who have been going away. Quite a few use their actual names as their handle which is naive

Has that loophole been closed ? That’s a different issue……

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Hope these club lickers that like moaning about anything are actually going to arsenal away in 9th November
The fact is Brentford and bmuff have only ever had small allocation start travelling further away I see wolves and Man City still not sold out yet are they going to them to build up there points? No thought not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Hope these club lickers that like moaning about anything are actually going to arsenal away in 9th November
The fact is Brentford and bmuff have only ever had small allocation start travelling further away I see wolves and Man City still not sold out yet are they going to them to build up there points? No thought not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like many people I’m not trying to build up my points. I am happy to wait for the Albion + window to open and season ticket holders have had a chance to buy first for themselves. I am not happy though to wait whilst season ticket holders buy tickets for games they are not going to attend simply to pass on to randomers.
We are going to Man City by the way.

Jimmy Grimble

Can only see this really coming into affect at the London games and potentially an FA Cup game at a smaller ground. Even then I imagine the points hoarders in tier 1 will still buy a ticket and just not sell it on.

As pointed out above, City, Wolves and Arsenal in the League Cup are unlikely to sell out/are currently available to anyone anyway. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here