Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolves away 5th Nov.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Looks like we will be taking the full allocation if demand is there. At the moment only half on sale, but we’ve been given the stand that runs the length of the pitch. One of the hardest “away ends” to get any atmosphere going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looking forward to Wolves away, cracking place and great pub behind the station

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I always take the Marylebone train to Brum if possible. Generally, cheaper and a nicer travel experience.

Correct - best service by far in normal circumstances. I’m glad we’ve got the side view but if the sun is strong it can be a challenge - that draw we got near the end of the CH reign was like that I recall

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Groupsave generally available on the Chiltern line for the super offpeak day returns....no need to book in advance either!

Have to go via Birmingham Moor Street however a staightforward walk to New Street and the chance to pick up refreshment either in situ or using the benefits of an 'off-license'

:drink:

Jul 7, 2003
I’m glad we’ve got the side view but if the sun is strong it can be a challenge - that draw we got near the end of the CH reign was like that I recall

Yep - fried by the pre-match pyro that seemed far too close to the away fans and then slowly roasted in the sun. The only advantage was that you got an even tan as you only had to look in one direction for 45 minutes at a time during that defensive masterclass as we hardly go out of our half for the whole game.

Stumpy Tim

Groupsave generally available on the Chiltern line for the super offpeak day returns....no need to book in advance either!

Have to go via Birmingham Moor Street however a staightforward walk to New Street and the chance to pick up refreshment either in situ or using the benefits of an 'off-license'

:drink:

Also available on West Midlands train, which goes to New Street

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Yep - fried by the pre-match pyro that seemed far too close to the away fans and then slowly roasted in the sun. The only advantage was that you got an even tan as you only had to look in one direction for 45 minutes at a time during that defensive masterclass as we hardly go out of our half for the whole game.

Yes the pyro was not needed on that day, I think I lasted about 3 minutes into the game before having to go and hide in the concourse to cool down for a bit.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Last time I went there to see Albion was in December 1984, a 1-0 win in front of about 7,000 fans. Nice greeting from the Subway Army on the walk in from the station. I doubt much has changed since then! :ascarf:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Falmer Flutter [emoji2398 said:
;10394804]Look at returns to Birmingham from either Euston or Marylebone (really cheap at the moment), then Brum to Wolverhampton is about £4

Looking at Trainline and TrainSplit it’s showing as “tickets not available”. I’m guessing this is because it’s too far ahead for cheap fares.

Jimmy Grimble

Like Liverpool, the train line is Avanti which means no advanced tickets being sold. I assume that means you have to buy in person on the day?

Does anyone know if this is a permanent thing with Avanti? Do they simply not sell advance tickets?

Last edited:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Looks like we will be taking the full allocation if demand is there. At the moment only half on sale, but we’ve been given the stand that runs the length of the pitch. One of the hardest “away ends” to get any atmosphere going.

Yes that stand is dreadful - ideally we need to find a few supporters who know semaphore or tic tac and position them along the stand to communicate and coordinate the singing.

Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone know if this is permanent thing with Avanti? Do they simply not sell advance tickets?

Have look on their Twitter feed - they seem to be having issues with timetables and ticketing. Some of this is because of the strikes but also because of staff shortages which led to a reduced timetable and their Managing Director left last week because of this.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Last time I went there to see Albion was in December 1984, a 1-0 win in front of about 7,000 fans. Nice greeting from the Subway Army on the walk in from the station. I doubt much has changed since then! :ascarf:
Was that a Friday night?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here