Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Easy!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for suggestions - I’ve listened to them all. I can not play the sax so probably don’t appreciate the skill level involved and apologise, Stato in particular, as my winner won’t meet with your approval I’m afraid - and I love Clarence with Springsteen too!!! If only someone had suggested Born To Run!
I particularly considered Van the Man and Mary Jane Girls and was glad to hear Men At Work again but I’ve decided on……
In truth, I've always liked 'Will You.' It's just always, with Baker Street, the go to choice for a sax break in pop music. I was being the jazz snob, just because nobody else was.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My all time favourite Reggae band.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks. Ok. A bit easier this time. I want your favourite song with a repetitive lyric or title. The lyric must be repeated at least 3 times.

For example. la la la
Was this inspired by the music round on this week's 'Only Connect'? I got it right whilst being wrong, having mistaken the Nat King Cole song for 'Quando Quando Quando'.

The category makes me think of classic soul and R&B as the repetition brings to mind the call and response style of the gospel music from which it came. I could have picked Otis's 'Fa Fa Fa Fa (Sad Song)' or Aretha's 'Baby Baby Baby'. The Delfonics' 'La La (Means I Love You) has disappointingly one la too few in it's title. However, James Brown seems to me the man for this job. I could have chosen 'No, No, No, No' or 'It's a Man's Man's Man's World', or a number of others, but when it comes down to it, there is really only one answer. Here's the great showman hamming it up to an irresistable extent whilst putting out some equally impressive vocals.

By the way, watch the drummer. I think that it's Melvin Parker. All the histrionics going on in front of him and he doesn't blink. He's utterly focused on hitting everything on the nose and as hard as he possibly can. And, my word can he hit it hard and clean.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wasn’t ruling out you going for Boys Boys Boys from the bouncy Sabrina, H😊
It's the right song but the wrong thread.

In any case, if you post the same video for the tenth time on a tenth different thread, you get an automatic ban from NSC, so I'm told :whistle:

Edit: I was allowed a second go recently after posting a track guaranteed to be loathed by everyone, on the grounds it was 'f***ing shit', so, maybe.....there is a possibility.....that.....later on this evening......???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Repetitive you say? This should do it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's the right song but the wrong thread.

In any case, if you post the same video for the tenth time on a tenth different thread, you get an automatic ban from NSC, so I'm told :whistle:

Edit: I was allowed a second go recently after posting a track guaranteed to be loathed by everyone, on the grounds it was 'f***ing shit', so, maybe.....there is a possibility.....that.....later on this evening......???
It truly was “f***ing shit” too :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It truly was “f***ing shit” too :wink:
Tremendous video though.

There is another reason I haven't posted it on this thread. It's called "Boys (Summertime Love)". I wasn't certain of this, so I watched the video again, several times, very carefully, in order to be sure.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The first thing that popped into my head was No Limits which manages to repeat "no" and "Techno!". Then it was Dawn Penn. But I think I've settled on this cheeky little number where Shaun Ryder repeats the word "ah".

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
My contribution is from the wonderful Meters, who made a passable career out of being quite repetitive at times, and also f**king brilliant.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Decision time, innit? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here