Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Give Me A Song That...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Here's a suggestion for a game that might amuse musos on here. It might not have legs, but I can only post it and see what interest there is.

It's based around asking for suggestions for a song from a provided category. The opening post will say 'Give me a song that... followed by any category that the poster wishes. Category examples could be anything you like: 'Give me a song that nans would like;' 'Give me a song that might convince skeptics to listen to hip-hop;' 'Give me a song that makes you glad to be alive;' Give me a song that is from 1984;' etc.

The category setting post should give a time limit for responses. (start with a day, see how it goes). Responders get to provide just one song in response (That's one Harry!) If anyone provides more, only their first song will be in the running. After the time limit expires, the category setter chooses a favourite from the responses and @s the poster who provided it to set the next category and choose the next winner. Carry on until everyone gets bored. The category setter can provide an example song, but obviously can't choose their own suggestion as the winner.

If anybody is interested, here's the first category and I'll choose the winning song after 23:59 tonight.

Give me a song that is under three minutes in length, nails it, and doesn't need to be a second longer:

Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZXLLMbJdZ4

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Some strong (and one very strange) entrants straight away. I have to admire [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]'s bravado in suggesting a Beatles song when it's me judging this one. :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Some strong (and one very strange) entrants straight away. I have to admire [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]'s bravado in suggesting a Beatles song when it's me judging this one. :lol:

Well, I would have picked The Las but.........

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Chose the TOTP rendition, though it gets cut off a couple of seconds before it ends. Melodic pop punk at its best. And it's got a key change :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was going to go for Primal Scream's blink and you miss it classic 'Velocity Girl', but at a breath-taking 1:22, I'll save that one, for when somebody sets much shorter parameters.

have this instead...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here