Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket exchange

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Anyone know If you put an unused season ticket on the exchange how quickly does it appear for sale - could I potentially buy it back myself at a cost of £1 - seems cheaper than buying myalbion membership and £20 for ticket sharing?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone know If you put an unused season ticket on the exchange how quickly does it appear for sale - could I potentially buy it back myself at a cost of £1 - seems cheaper than buying myalbion membership and £20 for ticket sharing?

Every time I’ve listed a ticket it has appeared for sale immediately.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Why buy back your own ticket ?

Its a long story but basically i pay for two season tickets on a standing order and have full control of both accounts but neither is in my name. Seems I`d have to shell out £35.00 for a new myalbion account and a further £20 to enable sharing - paying a £1.00 admin fee seems cheaper if I can guarantee I can buy my own ticket.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Exchange tickets are sold at the full, adult, matchday price aren’t they ? How could you get your ST seat back for a quid ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Exchange Tickets are only on sale once the club have sold all theirs. And then it is listed at full adult price so good luck buying it for a quid.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I moaned when it went up to a quid at the Goldstone

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Exchange tickets are sold at the full, adult, matchday price aren’t they ? How could you get your ST seat back for a quid ?

I assumed Id get the money for the exchange and have to pay a £1.00 admin fee perhaps I didn`t red the small print - oh well bang goes another idea!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I assumed Id get the money for the exchange and have to pay a £1.00 admin fee perhaps I didn`t red the small print - oh well bang goes another idea!
you get the pro rata season ticket rate. they sell at full match day rate

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Its a long story but basically i pay for two season tickets on a standing order and have full control of both accounts but neither is in my name. Seems I`d have to shell out £35.00 for a new myalbion account and a further £20 to enable sharing - paying a £1.00 admin fee seems cheaper if I can guarantee I can buy my own ticket.

If you have full control over both, then why not just put one of the tickets on your phone to use every other week?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
you get the pro rata season ticket rate. they sell at full match day rate

This. The club makes a few extra quid on selling your ticket for the higher price

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Exchange Tickets are only on sale once the club have sold all theirs. And then it is listed at full adult price so good luck buying it for a quid.

If you cant attend a sold out game and want to give your ticket away far cheaper to buy back your own seat and than give it away. All it is costing is difference between ST price. and matchday price

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you cant attend a sold out game and want to give your ticket away far cheaper to buy back your own seat and than give it away. All it is costing is difference between ST price. and matchday price

In some cases that difference in price can be huge though (Category A matches). Would seem better value to use that money to buy a MyAlbion+ membership for someone and allocate the ticket to them to generate a print at home ticket that can be used by anyone.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
This. The club makes a few extra quid on selling your ticket for the higher price

According to the club web site the club will only get £1.00 surely:-

" f the seat sells, you will receive the amount paid for the ticket minus a £1 administration fee. The refund will be processed by bank transfer after the match and may take 5 working days to appear in your account. If your ticket has sold you will receive an email notification within a few days of the game.
Supporters are advised that they will NOT be notified if the ticket does not sell.
Tickets listed on the ticket exchange will be sold at adult ticket price. Disabled supporters seated with a personal assistant should note both tickets must be listed together for sale."

which is what I thought originally. So on this one off occasion its going to be far cheaper for me to buy back my own seat than pay £20 for ticket sharing and a furhter £35 Abion + membership. This is provided that I can get my own ticket before someone else does.

Or have I missed something?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

" f the seat sells, you will receive the amount paid for the ticket minus a £1 administration fee. The refund will be processed by bank transfer after the match and may take 5 working days to appear in your account. If your ticket has sold you will receive an email notification within a few days of the game.
Supporters are advised that they will NOT be notified if the ticket does not sell.
Tickets listed on the ticket exchange will be sold at adult ticket price. Disabled supporters seated with a personal assistant should note both tickets must be listed together for sale."

which is what I thought originally. So on this one off occasion its going to be far cheaper for me to buy back my own seat than pay £20 for ticket sharing and a furhter £35 Abion + membership. This is provided that I can get my own ticket before someone else does.

Yes. You get back the season ticket individual game cost less £1. The club sells the ticket at full matchday, price so about £10 more than you'll get back

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

There are two different prices in play here...

1. The price you paid for your season ticket seat for each match (ie 1/19th of the price of your ST)
2. The price the club re-sell the seat for.

I sold my seat for the Newcastle game. My WSU ST is £650, making each game £34.22. I received £33.22 into my bank account for the re-sale of the seat.

The club will have sold the seat for £42 as a Category B game.

So, of the £42 re-sale, the club took £8.78.

They'll do better for a Category A fixture when the re-sale price will be £52, meaning they get £18.78, and I'll get the same £33.22.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
There are two different prices in play here...

1. The price you paid for your season ticket seat for each match (ie 1/19th of the price of your ST)
2. The price the club re-sell the seat for.

I sold my seat for the Newcastle game. My WSU ST is £650, making each game £34.22. I received £33.22 into my bank account for the re-sale of the seat.

The club will have sold the seat for £42 as a Category B game.

So, of the £42 re-sale, the club took £8.78.

They'll do better for a Category A fixture when the re-sale price will be £52, meaning they get £18.78, and I'll get the same £33.22.

It doesnt seem to say that in their wording which I quoted it states "you will receive the amount paid for the ticket minus a £1 administration fee" or have I misunderstood? Does the"the amount paid for the ticket" refer to the amount the buyer of the ticket put on sale pays or the amount the original season ticket holder paid pro rata for a game. I think that it would be reasonable to assume the former and that only a £1.00 admin fee is charged.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It doesnt seem to say that in their wording which I quoted it states "you will receive the amount paid for the ticket minus a £1 administration fee" or have I misunderstood? Does the"the amount paid for the ticket" refer to the amount the buyer of the ticket put on sale pays or the amount the original season ticket holder paid pro rata for a game. I think that it would be reasonable to assume the former and that only a £1.00 admin fee is charged.

My example is not hypothetical, it is actually what happened for the Newcastle game, which matches what has happened when I've listed my ticket on previous occasions.

"The amount paid for the ticket" is how much you, as a season ticket holder, pays for each game, ie 1/19th of your season ticket price.

What the ticket sells for has nothing to do with what you receive.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

That would be most peoples understanding of the words, but sadly, the truth is it means the price you paid for the season ticket, not the price paid by the new ticket holder.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

They’re talking about the amount paid by the season ticket holder to attend that one match. Once the club has refunded that pro-rata cost then the amount they get from resale has nothing to do with the season ticket holder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here