Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Second hand stuff ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And I mean all stuff but especially clothes.
Mrs Q is buying up all the second hand kiddies books for 3 and 4 year olds and I think that’s great. Especially if they haven’t got teeth marks or arent blackcurrant coloured. No I’m surprised how in her fifties (early fifties thank you) she has taken to buying clothes on Vinted. Lovely dresses mainly
I’m surprised at her because she and my two daughters are using it all the time.

And she could be a bit snobby on some things back in the day.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Whereas my Mrs. is the complete opposite, she's selling a load of stuff on eBay at the moment. Nice to get a few quid for the stuff we're no longer using.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
And I mean all stuff but especially clothes.
Mrs Q is buying up all the second hand kiddies books for 3 and 4 year olds and I think that’s great. Especially if they haven’t got teeth marks or arent blackcurrant coloured. No I’m surprised how in her fifties (early fifties thank you) she has taken to buying clothes on Vinted. Lovely dresses mainly
I’m surprised at her because she and my two daughters are using it all the time.

And she could be a bit snobby on some things back in the day.

Enjoy the bedtime stories...

What is your question?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When I was a kid, you got new clothes on your birthday and Xmas (if you were lucky :wink:)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had loads of decluttering sessions here (particularly clothes) and put absolutely tons of stuff out for the very regular charity collections we get.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Second hand need not mean cheap or undesirable.

Most things in life are second hand. Most houses. Most cars. All antiques.

Even the Antikythera mechanism is second hand. And that's a treasure.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Rule of thumb: get rid of material stuff from your house/flat whenever you can, daily if you can, no matter how small, and rarely ever accept anything material anyone offers you with “I thought you might be able to use this at home”

And never buy books: lend or borrow, but never buy. It’s all clutter.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is the stuff Fulham supporters are flocking here to read :)

You wait till my next thread when I’ve had a smoke… It’ll be either boiled sweets or curtains..
Have you noticed the moon tonight.

On a side can I admit to quite liking the smell of manure

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Rule of thumb: get rid of material stuff from your house/flat whenever you can, daily if you can, no matter how small, and rarely ever accept anything material anyone offers you with “I thought you might be able to use this at home”

And never buy books: lend or borrow, but never buy. It’s all clutter.

I mean, there's being eco-friendly and frugal, and then there's...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I freely admit to buying used clothing from eBay - but I buy designer clothes.

LV or Hermes anything (genuine), 7 for all Mankind Jeans / Stone Island jumpers / CP Company / Armani Collezioni / Veja / On Running / Canada Goose / Moncler are all brands I buy as 'barely worn' and 'as new' - then I wear them for a year or three, look after them, and stick them back on eBay where they make what I paid for them, or more often more!!

I have no issues with mint second hand items.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

LV or Hermes anything (genuine), 7 for all Mankind Jeans / Stone Island jumpers / CP Company / Armani Collezioni / Veja / On Running / Canada Goose / Moncler are all brands I buy as 'barely worn' and 'as new' - then I wear them for a year or three, look after them, and stick them back on eBay where they make what I paid for them, or more often more!!

Try Vinted. Bought a £500 Harley Davidson leather jacket in great condition for £100 and a pair of Skechers for walking the dog, practically unworn for £20 (my other Sketchers were £90 and not walking the dog in those).

My Mrs gets loads of stuff from there.

Unfortunately there's a huge pile of stuff she's 'going' to put on there to sell. For months.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

How do you weed out the fakes on flea bay? if you check items against DHgate many of the hardly worn items are good counterfeits. You can see the same on Vinted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here