Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I am going around in circles re sharing my ST

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi gurus

One of my mates would like to have my season ticket when I can’t make the home games ( lot of them this year due to holidays etc)

The seagulls website says something about buying a shared ticket.

Is the option to add him as a friend still there and can we pick a choose which one he can have? Does this still cost an initial sum( £20) for the season or is it on a match by match basis? If it is I can’t seem to find it

It’s not the most user friendly site in the world!

Thanks

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi gurus

One of my mates would like to have my season ticket when I can’t make the home games ( lot of them this year due to holidays etc)

The seagulls website says something about buying a shared ticket.

Is the option to add him as a friend still there and can we pick a choose which one he can have? Does this still cost an initial sum( £20) for the season or is it on a match by match basis? If it is I can’t seem to find it

It’s not the most user friendly site in the world!

Thanks

Hi Dave

If you mean that the same friend is going to regularly use your ticket, then the scheme works really well.

As well as being on your F&F list, your mate will need to buy an 'Albion+' membership. Think it is £25 for the season. In addition, you will need to pay the £20 'upgrade fee' to make your season ticket shareable (one-off payment covers the whole season).

After that, you can share to him (I think by email, to his phone) as many times as you like, with no additional fees or admin.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi Dave

If you mean that the same friend is going to regularly use your ticket, then the scheme works really well.

As well as being on your F&F list, your mate will need to buy an 'Albion+' membership. Think it is £25 for the season. In addition, you will need to pay the £20 'upgrade fee' to make your season ticket shareable (one-off payment covers the whole season).

After that, you can share to him (I think by email, to his phone) as many times as you like, with no additional fees or admin.

Cool. Thanks mate.

I speak to him later

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
£34 this season up from £25 last season

It was £25/28 last season depending on Direct Debit options. It was £25 until a few weeks ago as there were discount offers knocking around. But - correct its now £34.
Palace membership which gives you the equivalent set of features btw is £50.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Totally unreasonable when there are some fans that might only be able to take advantage of it once a season. It just means people will skirt the rules.

If you want to share your ticket just once - then the £20 sharing fee doesn't apply as you're now allowed to do that once a season for free as a ST holder.
But yes, the person you're sharing it with does have to be a A+ member.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If you want to share your ticket just once - then the £20 sharing fee doesn't apply as you're now allowed to do that once a season for free as a ST holder.
But yes, the person you're sharing it with does have to be a A+ member.

The 35 fee was the main target of my ire. Living abroad, normally I get to one game in August and maybe one at Christmas if I'm lucky. As a lot of friends and family members are season ticket holders I can normally get hold of a ticket, fortunately. But why should it cost me and them 55 quid collectively when they've already paid for it? I don't see how it's justified and, as I said, it just means people will try to find a workaround.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The 35 fee was the main target of my ire. Living abroad, normally I get to one game in August and maybe one at Christmas if I'm lucky. As a lot of friends and family members are season ticket holders I can normally get hold of a ticket, fortunately. But why should it cost me and them 55 quid collectively when they've already paid for it? I don't see how it's justified and, as I said, it just means people will try to find a workaround.

So why should you get the benefit of a ticket at season ticket prices?

ST prices are reduced to recognize the commitment by an individual to attend games, not a commitment by a syndicate! In the past it was relatively easy to skirt the rules by just giving someone your paper ticket or your ST card but clubs are more able to enforce now we are in the digital age.

I suspect it won't be long before away tickets are also digital.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So why should you get the benefit of a ticket at season ticket prices?

ST prices are reduced to recognize the commitment by an individual to attend games, not a commitment by a syndicate! In the past it was relatively easy to skirt the rules by just giving someone your paper ticket or your ST card but clubs are more able to enforce now we are in the digital age.

I suspect it won't be long before away tickets are also digital.

Because some people think they don’t have to pay one off ticket prices like the riff raff…

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A business contact has for years had 2 West Ham STs one in his name and one in his brothers. On 2nd ticket he takes different people and usually me for Brighton game. Last week he told me West Ham announced they were going fully digital. Because of protest they than compromised by saying any over 65s could still have a card. Apparently there were still protest and club now let any ST holder have a card. It must be true because I used his card for the Brighton game.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Totally unreasonable when there are some fans that might only be able to take advantage of it once a season. It just means people will skirt the rules.

You can share with an Abion plus member once for free. It’s not a very user friendly process, but it worked for me for the Newcastle game, as long as you share with someone who is equal or lower to your status (Adult, oap etc)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Because some people think they don’t have to pay one off ticket prices like the riff raff…

Some people don't necessarily have the cash, in which case why can't a family member lend them their ticket for the day? The fact that the loanee has to pay 35 quid does seem unreasonable seeing as the ticket has already been paid for.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Some people don't necessarily have the cash, in which case why can't a family member lend them their ticket for the day? The fact that the loanee has to pay 35 quid does seem unreasonable seeing as the ticket has already been paid for.

Had this argument many times. It hasn’t been paid for as a one off ticket. Those are the ones for people who go as a one off. Anyway, enjoy the game if you can get round it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here