Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lights on the gates at the Amex

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Quick question, does anyone know how many lights there are on the gates at the Amex? Two of my family (both season ticket holders) have to swap seats between two different stands. One has an OAP concession and the other an U18 ticket. To save any hassle I was just going to swap the tickets without going through official process. Does anyone know if its likely to show the difference between a kid and a OAP?

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Stewards can see traffic lights on the back of the turnstiles, I got stopped once by a steward for putting a child through on my oap ticket( 5 in my hand and I used the wrong one) also they have facial recognition cameras registering every user.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the question is when you scan your ticket, does the light just go green, or does it have a code like red for no, green for adult, blue for oap...

Indeed. And the answers is that yes - there are different lights.

There are at least three different lights / light sequences. I THINK:

Green = adult
Amber = concession (U21 / OAP)
Green AND Amber = child / U18. I'm really not certain of this last one, but I think that's right.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Back in the day we had the season ticket card I never had a problem getting my then son (who would have been around 9 years old) in on my Dads OAP ticket. Obviously it hasn't been tired since tickets have been on phones as my son now has his own season ticket and if my daughter had my Dads ticket we would go through the official route as he didn't really want to hand his phone over for the day.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Quick question, does anyone know how many lights there are on the gates at the Amex? Two of my family (both season ticket holders) have to swap seats between two different stands. One has an OAP concession and the other an U18 ticket. To save any hassle I was just going to swap the tickets without going through official process. Does anyone know if its likely to show the difference between a kid and a OAP?

If you are talking West, East or North there is no physical reason why you cannot transfer inside the stadium, you can also access the East from the North turnstiles. I travel between the concourses to meet people or buy different food.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Green = adult
Green AND Amber = child / U18. I'm really not certain of this last one, but I think that's right.

The real shame here is that if they'd chose Red, Green and Blue, they could have ANY colour combination. Imagine the possibilities....

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Stewards can see traffic lights on the back of the turnstiles, I got stopped once by a steward for putting a child through on my oap ticket( 5 in my hand and I used the wrong one) also they have faecal recognition cameras registering every user.

Corrected for you :D

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Back in the day we had the season ticket card I never had a problem getting my then son (who would have been around 9 years old) in on my Dads OAP ticket. Obviously it hasn't been tired since tickets have been on phones as my son now has his own season ticket and if my daughter had my Dads ticket we would go through the official route as he didn't really want to hand his phone over for the day.

Taking a screen shot of the QR code and using that works. Apparently.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands

Green = adult

Mine is an OAP season ticket, and I swear it turns a purply blue colour when I go through?
I might be wrong, i've never really taken a lot of notice, .. but I'm going to on Saturday! :smile:

Now I know the stewards can identify an OAP pass ... and yet not once have they ever challenged me ... I'm a bit deflated.
It's bad enough being old and past it, but looking it too is the pits! :down:

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Mine is an OAP season ticket, and I swear it turns a purply blue colour when I go through?
I might be wrong, i've never really taken a lot of notice, .. but I'm going to on Saturday! :smile:

Now I know the stewards can identify an OAP pass ... and yet not once have they ever challenged me ... I'm a bit deflated.
It's bad enough being old and past it, but looking it too is the pits! :down:

The lights are built into the back of the turnstile, not the card reader

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

Green = adult

and red if you've got an android, obviously :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here