Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "We had no plane"

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel, speaking to BBC Sport: "Everything that can go wrong, did go wrong. It started yesterday. We had no plane to arrive so we came on the bus. The players could fly but for the coaching staff it was a long ride on the bus.

So the players did fly - it was the poor coaching staff that had to suffer on the bus.

The bloke is a prize ****

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel, speaking to BBC Sport: "Everything that can go wrong, did go wrong. It started yesterday. We had no plane to arrive so we came on the bus. The players could fly but for the coaching staff it was a long ride on the bus.

So the players did fly - it was the poor coaching staff that had to suffer on the bus.

The bloke is a prize ****

A long ride, FFS. 210 miles 3 1/2 hours on a luxury coach. Bless the prick

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He's the perfect fit for the club.

Arrogant, entitled, thuggish and completely out of step with the real world

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He should have just accepted the ban, he could have stayed home and avoided several long days making the tireless journey to that northern outpost Leeds.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A long ride, FFS. 210 miles 3 1/2 hours on a luxury coach. Bless the prick

Unless that limit on travel costs from Roman's era is still in place, I'm not quite sure why they didn't get cars up to Leeds? Much more comfortable – and faster – than sitting on a coach!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
he really is demonstrating that he is a pathetic little boy … never mind, just run back to mummy, you can have a little cuddle into her pinny.

Such a shame our crazy hair man has got caught up with that load of muppets.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd love to know Cucu's thoughts on GP and Tuchel's managerial style. From the outside they appear to be at completely different ends of the spectrum.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I find it quite astounding that they would fly from London to Leeds anyway, surely it doesn't save much time door to door, and a monumental waste of resources. A train would probably be quicker, but there's no chance the players would travel alongside the peasants of course.

I'd be interested to know how often the Brighton team fly to games. Didn't PB say something in the fans forum about the club starting to look at it's environmental impact? Newcastle is the only game where it's even remotely acceptable to fly.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I can't be bothered to dig out his post-match interview, but it was all about indirectly blaming the players and not himself, although it must be said, Mendy's mistake was a good one.

When Tuchel was first appointed, I thought he would be entertaining. We've already had the Trumpian handshake by him on Conte, and now moaning about no plane. The bloke is box-office.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I find it quite astounding that they would fly from London to Leeds anyway, surely it doesn't save much time door to door, and a monumental waste of resources. A train would probably be quicker, but there's no chance the players would travel alongside the peasants of course.

Most premier League clubs travel by train to games where sensible (London to Northern cities) and exclusively hire a first class carriage with a luxury coach meeting them at the station. Chelsea used to but looks like this has changed. The problem for Brighton is that almost all the trips require a cross London connection and London to Brighton trains aren't really suitable either.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Most premier League clubs travel by train to games where sensible (London to Northern cities) and exclusively hire a first class carriage with a luxury coach meeting them at the station. Chelsea used to but looks like this has changed. The problem for Brighton is that almost all the trips require a cross London connection and London to Brighton trains aren't really suitable either.

I was surprised a few years ago to see the whole Man City squad getting off a southbound train I was on at Milton Keynes. I think they were playing Spurs whilst I was in my way to see us play Palace.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013

I've always thought the club could just charter a train for the journeys that they'd normally use a plane for. A couple of first class coaches with a restaurant car to cater for their every whim and then the rest of the train could take paying supporters. Could easily block access to the players/staff as required.

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Interesting, I didn't know that, thanks.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I've always through the club could just charter a train for the journeys that they'd normally use a plane for. A couple of first class coaches with a restaurant car to cater for their every whim and then the rest of the train could take paying supporters. Could easily block access to the players/staff as required.

We could give the train a name. Don't know what though, maybe something like "Seagulls Special" - that would be nice!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Would`ve thought Tuchel had connections in the Luftwaffe ,after getting his arse handed to him on a plate he could have bombed the hell out of ER and done millions of pounds worth of improvements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here