Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion MOJO - changed since start of season?

larus

So, after 3 games. how are we all feeling now?

Having sold 2 big players for us, there was come concern from some people that we'd be a weaker team this season. Obviously, it's still early days, but the new additions to the squad look very exciting and you could make a case that we're actually a stronger team.

Our last 12 PL games would suggest that we've become a very good team (things started to click into place) and that our position at the end of last season should not be a one-off, or even a perceived ceiling.

Just to re-cap, our last 12 results are:

HTML:
D   BHA      0-0 Norwich
W   Arsenal  1-2 BHA
W   Spurs    0-1 BHA
L   Man C    3-0 BHA
D   BHA      2-2 Southampton
W   Wolves   0-3 BHA
W   BHA      4-0 Man U
D   Leeds    1-1 BHA
W   BHA      3-1 West Ham
W   Manu U   1-2 BHA
D   BHA      0-0 Newcastle
W   West Ham 0-2 West Ham

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Was 7 now 8.

That’s what I was going to say. Thought we’d survive the player losses, but this start exceeds what I hoped. And today Estupinan came on and seems to have impressed…….

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So, after 3 games. how are we all feeling now?

Having sold 2 big players for us, there was come concern from some people that we'd be a weaker team this season. Obviously, it's still early days, but the new additions to the squad look very exciting and you could make a case that we're actually a stronger team.

Our last 12 PL games would suggest that we've become a very good team (things started to click into place) and that our position at the end of last season should not be a one-off, or even a perceived ceiling.

Just to re-cap, our last 12 results are:

HTML:
D   BHA      0-0 Norwich
W   Arsenal  1-2 BHA
W   Spurs    0-1 BHA
L   Man C    3-0 BHA
D   BHA      2-2 Southampton
W   Wolves   0-3 BHA
W   BHA      4-0 Man U
D   Leeds    1-1 BHA
W   BHA      3-1 West Ham
W   Manu U   1-2 BHA
D   BHA      0-0 Newcastle
W   West Ham 0-2 West Ham

We started last season well too, a bit early but things are looking positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What odds are we to go down this season ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Mine has gone up quite a bit. I was worried when we started selling the Crown Jewels but I’m seeing that we do have a plan for these eventualities. Hope we don’t become the EPL’s nursery club, because in the medium term I don’t think it will work.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Buzzing.

I was away on holiday #BadFan for our first two games meaning I wasn't in football mode at all.

Today's performance was so assured that I really can't wait for next weekend's game. With both sides starting the season well, it could be an absolute cracker.

(I appreciate, I've just invited a dull nil-nil to the party)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
OKish at the moment. We got 12 points from the first 5 matches last season. Absolutely no chance of doing that this season!

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
About the same. I was predicting a top-ten finish despite the departures.

I am probably going to be crucified for saying it, but I think we look a better team without Biss. We seem to play more direct and move the ball quicker.

Still expect Maupay to leave and be replaced by a younger Welbeck-type player but very happy with the squad

D

Deleted member 2719

My needle has been stuck on a 10, ever since it was clear Potter tried to play football how it should be played.
It's also been notable since Potter has come in, how much the squad plays for him.
He has got just about 95% of decisions right lmo, which is very difficult in the managing of all those hungry young men and playing against the level of teams and manager he faces.
His multi formulas has been so refreshing to the old school Hughton style of predictability.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The likelihood of a certain relegation battle is diminishing.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
About the same. I was predicting a top-ten finish despite the departures.

I am probably going to be crucified for saying it, but I think we look a better team without Biss. We seem to play more direct and move the ball quicker.

Still expect Maupay to leave and be replaced by a younger Welbeck-type player but very happy with the squad

No crucifixions here. Before I read your comment, I was thinking that we seem not to have missed two of our best players, Bissouma and Cucurella, something which I didn't predict. Indeed, rather than miss them, we seem to have improved without them. And that was even before we saw Estupinan come on for 20 minutes yesterday.

I suppose it is inevitable that we begin compare Caicedo with Bissouma, to see where the difference in performances has arisen. Both of them are good at breaking up play, but as you say, 'We seem to play more direct and move the ball quicker'. Is it the introduction of Caicedo, the departure of Bissouma, or both? My money's on both.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Is it greedy to say I’m a tad frustrated that Gross or Lallana didn’t put away their chances against Newcastle, because then we’d be 3 wins out of 3?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always quite high but this is the first season since we got promoted where I am not convinced we’ll be in the relegation mix. Not saying we won’t be but I am not expecting it.

I am expecting to be looking up rather than down every weekend….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here