Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Helston vs Falmouth

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Went along to my first fa cup game in a while, down in the deepest West Country ... what a brilliant club Helston are... they won too, 2-1... two goals in the last five mins.

The first time they’ve ever got past the preliminary rounds... an historic moment to witness.

502 souls attended, a superb day and £6 to get in... not too shabby.

I went along in my Albion shirt, along with my son, and got some lovely comments - around what an amazing club we are and how much our story resonates in the lower leagues.

It’s truly a great time to follow our brilliant club.

Here’s hoping Helston win the next five or six games and we might just meet them ...

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Went along to my first fa cup game in a while, down in the deepest West Country ... what a brilliant club Helston are... they won too, 2-1... two goals in the last five mins.

The first time they’ve ever got past the preliminary rounds... an historic moment to witness.

I went along in my Albion shirt, along with my son, and got some lovely comments - around what an amazing club we are and how much our story resonates in the lower leagues.

Here’s hoping Helston win the next five or six games and we might just meet them ...

Watching good football, at whatever level, with enjoyable company is one of the greatest pleasures in the world :thumbsup:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Watching good football, at whatever level, with enjoyable company is one of the greatest pleasures in the world :thumbsup:

Lots of energy and some very decent players (and I’m not being patronising) I was impressed ... Falmouth looked superb in the first half, but the Helston manager changed shape and made a brilliant sub at HT... the replacement ran the midfield and the game turned... brilliant last five mins.

Some youth got arrested for squirting water at the away bench after the winner was scored and both sets of players had a bit of handbags after the final whistle, which was (in all seriousness) pretty funny really.

Loved it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I genuinely misread the thread title and thought the locals in Falmouth were annoyed about a new molecular gastronomy restaurant,

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I'm gutted that West Allotment Celtic went out 0-7 to Workington Town. I was hoping for a Derby with East Allotment Rangers in the next round. Would have paid good money to watch that one !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm gutted that West Allotment Celtic went out 0-7 to Workington Town. I was hoping for a Derby with East Allotment Rangers in the next round. Would have paid good money to watch that one !

Yes, a very organic rivalry that has grown over the years.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Helston didn’t sing “you dirty northern bastards” then the game’s gone

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
The first football match I ever went to was a pre season friendly between Porthleven and Helston in 1972. We were holidaying in Porthleven at the time.

I’ve been back to Gala Park, on several occasions since, to see where my expensive passion started.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

Is Liam Eddy still banging the goals in. Was a fantastic youth striker. I played for a few games for helston second team. Him and Stewart Yetton had a crazy goal scoring record in the leagues that way.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Lots of energy and some very decent players (and I’m not being patronising) I was impressed ... Falmouth looked superb in the first half, but the Helston manager changed shape and made a brilliant sub at HT... the replacement ran the midfield and the game turned... brilliant last five mins.

Some youth got arrested for squirting water at the away bench after the winner was scored and both sets of players had a bit of handbags after the final whistle, which was (in all seriousness) pretty funny really.

Loved it.

Well the Albion have a surprising amount of support in that part of the world, maybe some of the fans you came across at Helston also go to watch Plymouth when they are at home.

Our two clubs had something of a love in during our war years back in the late 1990's, Fans United and all that. Their then chairman also supported us and spoke on our behalf when the Football League held a vote to kick us out of the league.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Well the Albion have a surprising amount of support in that part of the world, maybe some of the fans you came across at Helston also go to watch Plymouth when they are at home.

Our two clubs had something of a love in during our war years back in the late 1990's, Fans United and all that. Their then chairman also supported us and spoke on our behalf when the Football League held a vote to kick us out of the league.

Some feisty affairs at home park and the goldstone before then though.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

Some feisty affairs at home park and the goldstone before then though.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Is Liam Eddy still banging the goals in. Was a fantastic youth striker. I played for a few games for helston second team. Him and Stewart Yetton had a crazy goal scoring record in the leagues that way.

The lineup yesterday...

025518D1-1DEF-4B41-9C7E-24D954CE6A02.png

:) looks like Eddy and Yetton have moved on...

Love the club crest btw, it’s awesome.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
As an aside, visited the Lizard today and walked past the most southernly football (club) pitch... only to find two young Albion fans playing with their mum... both in the new home and away kit... they had a kick about together with my son, all celebrating another (routine, win) lol.

I was tempted to join in and blaze one in from 20 yards, but I resisted the temptation ... besides which, the mum was in goal and she might have saved my attempt ... imagine my embarrassment... yes, this all went through my mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here