Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I don’t much care for Boscombe FC

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t much care for them and whatever they’re called now. Administration twats.
From back in the day in the early 70’s when we had our battles with them on and off the pitch.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Next season we'll be the only South Coast team in the PL.

Muff and Stains to go down, along with Fulham imo.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Next season we'll be the only South Coast team in the PL.

Muff and Stains to go down, along with Fulham imo.

That would be nice. I see Fred Dinnage bailed out early to avoid all that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Out with anger in with love.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I don’t much care for them and whatever they’re called now. Administration twats.
From back in the day in the early 70’s when we had our battles with them on and off the pitch.

I remember those days back in the 1970s we had a right good rivalry with Mufh Ted MacDugald John Bond playing at their one half decent stand never having the money to build the other three sides to match a funny rivalry really the Dolphins v the Cherries

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Capacity 10,000 at Vitality Stadium in EPL...............just over 8,000 at Notts County (incidentally managed by Luke Williams).......in the National League !!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Was there really a time when they weren’t noddy? I remember the first time I went away there and older blokes were getting all misty eyed about a 70s rivalry. In the stands today all I could see were little kids, old ladies and Smug Eddie clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Was there really a time when they weren’t noddy? I remember the first time I went away there and older blokes were getting all misty eyed about a 70s rivalry. In the stands today all I could see were little kids, old ladies and Smug Eddie clones.

Yeah but it’s different now.. They were in the north stand in 71
They got battered though.
But yes we were rivals… People are getting ahead of themselves again.
And Luton..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Capacity 10,000 at Vitality Stadium in EPL...............just over 8,000 at Notts County (incidentally managed by Luke Williams).......in the National League !!

Arse supporters singing tonight 'Your ground's too big for you' :lolol:

Muff, Wolves and Leeds to go down.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I was at a game in the 70s where there were over 30,000 in the Goldstone.

But, yes, they were Noddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzquCGpuIsQ

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I was born and bred just down the road in Poole and my dad took me to watch Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic in the 70s, when Harry first managed them. I should really be an AFCB supporter, but I actually hate them more than Palace!

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I loved the fact that we beat them to promotion in 1971-2 because the media loved them so much - Ted MacDougall, Phil Boyer, John Bond and all. We did them 2-0 at a packed-out Goldstone around Christmas time, Kit Napier's diving header ending a superb length-of-the-field move, and drew 1-1 down there at Easter with Bertie Lutton coming off the bench to head the equaliser - one of a series of late comebacks in the promotion run-in. Great days..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I loved the fact that we beat them to promotion in 1971-2 because the media loved them so much - Ted MacDougall, Phil Boyer, John Bond and all. We did them 2-0 at a packed-out Goldstone around Christmas time, Kit Napier's diving header ending a superb length-of-the-field move, and drew 1-1 down there at Easter with Bertie Lutton coming off the bench to head the equaliser - one of a series of late comebacks in the promotion run-in. Great days..

That was a great season… It was about that time the Ted Mac got 9 in a game against Margate .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Sad fact. I knew all about that Bournemouth team because of the coverage they got in the press, I genuinely hadn’t noticed that BHA even existed

I was living abroad at the time, had never been to Brighton, and didn’t know the football results until the Sunday papers arrived

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

I was at the match at Dean Court, crammed in a corner with a mate of mine.
I was living in Bournemouth at the time and when Albion weren’t playing at the Goldstone, I used to go and watch them with a friend of mine who was a fan.
Unlike many on here, I have nothing against Bournemouth and were pleased to see them back in the Prem. I also like Eddie.
To compound my felony, I don’t hate Palace either and have to admit that my son( an Albion fan) actually works for Palace!
Shame on me.:D

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Out with anger in with love.

Indeed Bravo Lima, you’ve got the entitled top end big clubs with their entitled supporters, ‘plastic’ Sussex supporters, hoovering up all the best talent around (most of it from us these days), loved in the media yadda yadda, but oh no, let’s focus our fury on AFCB!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Away at Bournemuff railway station in the 70s was the first time I had ever been searched, I was shocked!! Don't they know who I am!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here