NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Glaziers Out.

They just don't invest in the team!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It will even hilarious if, with the addition of a single player, it all clicks into place and United go on a winning run.
Didn't that happen with Bruno Fernandes when he signed? Before he turned to shite with all the rest of them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Cheaper option than Caicedo. Good short term solution, but no resale value. Serious upgrade on McFred.

Terrible deal for Utd. They were royally shafted. 70 million for a 30 year old

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good news for us. Ends interest in Caicedo (presumably we told them "not for sale at any price" if they even called), wastes FFP headroom on a 30 year old and adds another prima donna to a toxic dressing room.

I don't think they'll go down but they could well be fighting with us in mid table this season.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Very good player.

A lot of money for a player of his age though. And I can’t help thinking it’s a bit like when they signed Schweinsteiger, a player who has won the lot but on a downward trajectory and possibly doesn’t have the hunger anymore or the legs for the PL.

And I’m not sure pairing him with Fred like Brazil do is the answer to their problems. They’ve not been great when playing together for them. In our South American Copa America dual in midfield, I would back Mac Allister and Caicedo to better them every time.

Really don’t think this is the silver bullet signing that Man Utd think they’re getting.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It will even hilarious if, with the addition of a single player, it all clicks into place and United go on a winning run.

No it won't. It'll be sad.

Hilarious would be for them to spunk the £60m and him fit nicely into the current ManU team and not change it. Still be shite. Liverpool at OT Monday.

Now that would be hilarious.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Man U are a global brand so this signing will sell shirts and put bums on seats. Thats all the owners really care about

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Man U are a global brand so this signing will sell shirts and put bums on seats. Thats all the owners really care about

And yet they're still £500m in debt and getting deeper in it each day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here