Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour SINGED on a four-year contract

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
An Alan Nixon rumour.

To be fair to him he did correctly predict our purchase of David Button about a month before anyone else.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thought his dad was selling up and moving on. :shrug:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Being linked with 10 million move to us

That's weird. After his Norwich debacle when he was heckled by his own fans, I would have thought he would be no more than a £4m chancer, not a mere £5m less than we pay for International left backs from Spain!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
For that money it would be a shrewd move. Massive ceiling although did not perform at Norwich (general consensus he was not used properly in poor team). Would not be against it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a Cucurella replacement, obviously, so which of our midfielders would he oust? Mac Allister, Mwepu, Caicedo.....?

For £10M would be OK as an addition to the squad, I suppose ........ but really the best use of the Bissouma/\Cucurella money ........ hmmm......

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Clearly BS. Why would we want a loan? Alzate is better than him and is struggling to make the squad FFS!

“Graham Potter could be weighing up a loan move for the young talent.

However, former Rangers star Andy Halliday has urged Gilmour to choose Everton as his next footballing destination.

The current Hearts midfielder insisted that a reunion with Lampard was the 'exact move' that he needs to reignite his career.” The BS-Sun

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Clearly BS. Why would we want a loan? Alzate is better than him and is struggling to make the squad FFS!

“Graham Potter could be weighing up a loan move for the young talent.

However, former Rangers star Andy Halliday has urged Gilmour to choose Everton as his next footballing destination.

The current Hearts midfielder insisted that a reunion with Lampard was the 'exact move' that he needs to reignite his career.” The BS-Sun

It’s literally not possible for us to loan Gilmour (as we already have a Chelsea loaned in Colwill).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Was a decent player with bags of potential , don't know what he is like as an individual i.e. did he just waste his time at Norwich or was it wasted for him. Not sure where he would get in the team at the moment but the club is all about futures.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Not a Cucurella replacement, obviously, so which of our midfielders would he oust? Mac Allister, Mwepu, Caicedo.....?

I'd have him follow around Adam Lallana for a season, bring him on as a sub for gradually more minutes as the season wore on. By this time next year, we could have a FM regen of AL in his early 20s. Unless Chelsea want one of their buy back options, at £10m, it looks like a comparatively low risk for a potentially very high reward.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was a decent player with bags of potential , don't know what he is like as an individual i.e. did he just waste his time at Norwich or was it wasted for him. Not sure where he would get in the team at the moment but the club is all about futures.

When was he a regularly decent player? I know he had one stand out game for Scotland. But apart from this?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think he's got raw ability and if he's got the right attitude could be moulded into a very good player, I'd take the risk for £10m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here