Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst player, in context, to debase the stripes

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chatting with Bob the social worker tonight, while enjoying Khadra, and the question arose: "who was your worst ever player?"

He, being a red, offered, without hesitation: El Hadji Ousseynou Diouf. The spitty shitty titty ****.

Recalling spitty's red at the Amex, with added Bum Play, I'd not argue.

So who is ours?

My criteria are a modicum of appearances (ten plus in the league), where we were in the football pyramid (Andy Ansah doesn't count), transfer fee, attitude (love that Ali J), and impact.

Gotta be Big Jurgs for me. :shrug:

Yours?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Robbie Savage

Came down in his white Lambo, stole a living for a few weeks when we were really on our uppers, STUNK the place out, f*cked off.

What the hell DK was thinking bringing that peroxide bleach-toothed washed up muppet to Withdean I'll never know.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
DJ strollabout for me too.

Leon Best was terrible but he didn't cost us millions and kept himself tied to us for years knowing that he wasn't wanted or good enough.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Chatting with Bob the social worker tonight, while enjoying Khadra, and the question arose: "who was your worst ever player?"

He, being a red, offered, without hesitation: El Hadji Ousseynou Diouf. The spitty shitty titty ****.

So who is ours?

My criteria are a modicum of appearances (ten plus in the league), where we were in the football pyramid (Andy Ansah doesn't count), transfer fee, attitude (love that Ali J), and impact.

Yours?

The Diouf red was at Elland Road.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kemy.

Always seemed anchored to one blade of grass in the middle of the pitch.

Elvis.

Mr Offside.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So who is ours?

Yours?

Mickey Thomas.

Hated him when he was at Wrexham, hated when he was at Utd and hated when we signed the slimy cheat.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Smith the goalkeeper

Who was that dreadful CH we had around the same time? .........ah ............. Colin Hawkins! It's just come to me!

Honourable (!) mention for Dale Jasper - our version of Butch Wilkins - all passes short, and either sideways or back. Except he didn't pass to his own team, not very often anyway.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This will always stand out as a low point, our last home game of 2005/06, a shocker of a campaign.

F1B0DAC7-FED9-48FC-B26E-BB14C263C948.png

Were Noel-Williams and Nicolas masquerading as footballers?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Graeme Smith or Locadia.

I think pound for pound Locadia is the biggest waste of money and disappointment we have witnessed at the Albion. In my lifetime anyway

Loan wise, Billy Paynter springs to mind... ???

Last edited:

Aug 8, 2012
Mickey Thomas was a very good player. Unfortunately when he signed he thought Brighton was New Brighton. His wife was furious and she didn't let him play much!!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here