Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Ooni pizza oven. Evil

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Words cannot describe the hatred I have for the thing at this time. My wife bought it for me as she knows I love cooking, but I just cannot get to grips with this thing. It either burns everything or goes out. Please, please can someone who has tamed this evil little ****** help me out.

It probably doesn't help that every time my good lady decides that we should use it it is when we have a housefull. Personally I am one step a way of throwing it out with the bins.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Words cannot describe the hatred I have for the thing at this time. My wife bought it for me as she knows I love cooking, but I just cannot get to grips with this thing. It either burns everything or goes out. Please, please can someone who has tamed this evil little ****** help me out.

It probably doesn't help that every time my good lady decides that we should use it it is when we have a housefull. Personally I am one step a way of throwing it out with the bins.

Piece of cake (or dough) according to this

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/house-and-home/a39393546/ooni-pizza-oven-review/

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What one do you have ? And what issues are you having specifically ? I’ve got the Ooni 3 , and also use a Koda a fair bit

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
What one do you have ? And what issues are you having specifically ? I’ve got the Ooni 3 , and also use a

I think it's the most basic model. I'll respond properly tomorrow as I have pizzas to take out of the standard oven:tantrum:

Edit: apologies for the quote cock up.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What one do you have ? And what issues are you having specifically ? I’ve got the Ooni 3 , and also use a I think it's the most basic model. I'll respond properly tomorrow as I have pizzas to take out of the standard oven:tantrum:

Is it the fyra ? That uses wood pellets ?

- what wood pellets are you using?
- do you have a infrared temp probe, what temp is it getting to ?
- pizzas burning seems a good ‘start,’ but why are they burning ?

If you are on Facebook join this group (ignore all the elitist I use this flour, I could prove dough for 3 days bollocks) - but this post is quite good advice for Fyra owners - https://www.facebook.com/groups/oonienthusiastsuk/permalink/735425827242746/

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
1st World problems eh ? You had best try and stockpile some " 00" while you can.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 09.16.47.png
:lolol: Me too!

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Gas or wood ? Im struggling to see how anyone can not get a pizza out of an Ooni. You have a great but of kit there

Get the stone as hot as you can , use an infrared thermometer as advised. Pizzas cook in about 90 seconds but you need that over the top heat to get the toppings cooked and the cheese melted. It takes me about 20 -30 minutes to get it hot and then 5 minutes later 2-3 pizzas cooked

Making pizzas is so easy and simple and rewarding dont give up . If you do i will buy the Ooni off you for £20 ;)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
£700 is a lot of take away pizza maybe a life times worth (unless you a Swede). Why piss about trying to recreate your favourite take away pizza when you can order it :shrug:

The 200 quid would probably do most people unless they're planning to run a takeaway from their garden.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Gas or wood ? Im struggling to see how anyone can not get a pizza out of an Ooni. You have a great but of kit there

Get the stone as hot as you can , use an infrared thermometer as advised. Pizzas cook in about 90 seconds but you need that over the top heat to get the toppings cooked and the cheese melted. It takes me about 20 -30 minutes to get it hot and then 5 minutes later 2-3 pizzas cooked

Making pizzas is so easy and simple and rewarding dont give up . If you do i will buy the Ooni off you for £20 ;)

I'm using the OONI wood pellets, They burn through very quickly. Id need to refil the pellets 4 or 4 times to get a 30 minute burn. That would be if every time i put more pellets in the ******* thing didn't go out. Honestly, it's a infuriating piece of, erm, kit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm using the OONI wood pellets, They burn through very quickly. Id need to refil the pellets 4 or 4 times to get a 30 minute burn. That would be if every time i put more pellets in the ******* thing didn't go out. Honestly, it's a infuriating piece of, erm, kit.

If it’s going out, your putting to many pellets in and not enough oxygen / airflow. Also make sure you ‘wiggle’ them down and clear the grates for them to drop into.

If you’re struggling with airflow try and get a usb portable fan to use to direct air through the back to front to keep it consistent

AndyH

Mar 10, 2012
If you really don't get on with the wood pellets, I'd recommend you get the gas converter if that is an option for your Ooni. The gas ones give good control of temperature. We heat it up on high til the pizza stone is over 400c and then turn the gas down to medium to cook the pizzas. As others have mentioned - don't give up on it.... you will end up with awesome pizzas. My family are addicted to them now :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe just stick it in the loft next to the bread maker? Then throw both in a skip somewhere down the line along with all the other over-priced Crap Du Jour?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here