Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 1st Test Eng v SA - Due to kick-off 11am at Lord's (weather allowing)

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I’m up there Thursday and Friday. Oh well, would like to have seen us batting tomorrow but that doesn’t look very likely, unless the bulk of today gets rained off!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England: 1 Zak Crawley, 2 Alex Lees, 3 Ollie Pope, 4 Joe Root, 5 Jonny Bairstow, 6 Ben Stokes (capt.), 7 Ben Foakes, 8 Stuart Broad, 9 Jack Leach, 10 Matthew Potts, 11 James Anderson

South Africa: 1 Dean Elgar, 2 Sarel Erwee, 3 Keegan Petersen, 4 Aiden Markram, 5 Rassie van der Dussen, 6 Kyle Verreynne, 7 Keshav Maharaj, 8 Marco Jansen, 9 Kagiso Rabada, 10 Lungi Ngidi, 11 Anrich Nortje

Why no Ollie Robinson? Surely he would have been ideal in these conditions?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Crikey... Marco Jansen is a GIANT!

2.06 metres tall, left arm over... could be a right handful.

6' 9" in old money.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know the technology shows that it IS (just) hitting, but honestly - that's a shit call from the umpire. You can't give stuff that you think 'might just' be clipping leg stump, surely?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know the technology shows that it IS (just) hitting, but honestly - that's a shit call from the umpire. You can't give stuff that you think 'might just' be clipping leg stump, surely?

Barely even a coat of varnish....didn't think it looked like it was hitting in real time or on the replays :nono::nono:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Barely even a coat of varnish....didn't think it looked like it was hitting in real time or on the replays :nono::nono:

Yep. Very poor umpiring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here