Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Darius Danesh dies aged 41

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Darius Danesh RIP

Found dead in his US apartment, only 41.

Probably best remembered for his rendition of Hit Me Baby One More Time on talent show and whilst getting rejected by Cowell, claiming he'll have a number one hit which he subsequently achieved with Colorblind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is much too young. RIP

I loved his feisty comebacks to Simon Cowell's putdowns, yes I did watch the couple of Pop Idol series.

I was also amused by his cover of hit me baby one more time and was pleased that he actually made it as a pop star

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t know who this man was but I always find it sad when someone has died on their own, far away from home. Heartbreaking for his family.
And 41. Jeez. RIP

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not meaning to be disrespectful but who?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

He had 5 top 10 hits and was a very successful West End star. Came third in the X Factor behind Will Young and Gareth Gates. He always came across as a decent bloke

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He had 5 top 10 hits and was a very successful West End star

If he'd recorded this - 'No doubt some Mod will merge' - I might have been more impressed. Could make an interesting single!

Sorry that someone has died at 41 - way too young - but 'Who?' remains for much of the world an obvious and legitimate question. RIP anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
so sad.RIP. No details but possibly yet another victim of the black cloud.

I would've thought this statement by the police ruled that out.

"The local police department have confirmed that there were no signs of intent or suspicious circumstances. The cause of his sudden death is unknown at this stage while medical examinations continue.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
41 is no age. RIP

He first found fame on the first series of Popstars which was a reality TV Show that saw the formation of the group Hear Say. He will be best known for a rather eccentric performance of Britney Spears hit record ...Baby One More Time. He then came back for another shot at becoming a star in X Factor precursor Pop Idol where he finished third behind Will Young and Gareth Gates. After that he had a number 1 with Colourblind before finding a degree of success in the West End.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Google, it's a search engine you may have heard of!!!

True, it is - but maybe on threads such as these, where the OP os rushing to start a thread to proclaim that XYZ has died, the OP has some responsibility to put in a few biographical details for the many (quite often a majorty) who have never heard of the deceased before just leaving the thread hanging for people to add RIPs to?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If he'd recorded this - 'No doubt some Mod will merge' - I might have been more impressed. Could make an interesting single!

Sorry that someone has died at 41 - way too young - but 'Who?' remains for much of the world an obvious and legitimate question. RIP anyway.

A fitting epitaph

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
True, it is - but maybe on threads such as these, where the OP os rushing to start a thread to proclaim that XYZ has died, the OP has some responsibility to put in a few biographical details for the many (quite often a majorty) who have never heard of the deceased before just leaving the thread hanging for people to add RIPs to?

Does the person reading the thread not have some responsibility to do some of the work themselves if they're interested? One mouse click was all it would have taken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here