Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ranking our major signings

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Green : Webster, Bissouma , Trossard, Cucu, Caicedo , Duffy , Veltman , Macallister , Gross
Amber : Lamptey , Welbeck , Lallana , Ryan, Propper, Moder Maupay
Red : andone AJ Locadia Bernardo Karbownik Richards Zequiri

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
:lolol: Top scorer 3 years in a row yet only an 'Amber'

he's at the upper end of amber- not consistent enough to get into green in my opinion

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Looking at your amber list it’s a travesty you have Ryan in there. For two seasons he was an absolutely integral part of us staying up. How on earth can he be in the same list as Button and Steele who almost literally didn’t play a single game because he was so consistent. Did he personally do you or your family some harm?!?!

like Maupay he's probably at the upper end of amber, not quite good enough for green (in my opinion)

similarly, Steele and Button not bad enough to be in the red- both signed as back up goalies who did reasonably well when called upon

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If you think Maupay's goals to games ratio makes him a legend, you're insulting other 'legend' strikers we've signed ! Depends how far you go back with your supporting, I suppose ? No offence intended.

There is more to being a striker than scoring goals. He always puts a shift in.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If you think Maupay's goals to games ratio makes him a legend, you're insulting other 'legend' strikers we've signed ! Depends how far you go back with your supporting, I suppose ? No offence intended.

Glenn Murray scored 26 PL goals in 96 PL games for us, Maupay 26 goals in 102. Goals per game not a lot a different, but there is more to it than just that.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
Looking at your amber list it’s a travesty you have Ryan in there. For two seasons he was an absolutely integral part of us staying up. How on earth can he be in the same list as Button and Steele who almost literally didn’t play a single game because he was so consistent. Did he personally do you or your family some harm?!?!

Yep! Matty sold him some furniture when he was leaving the club and it never got delivered.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
There is more to being a striker than scoring goals. He always puts a shift in.

Sorry to disagree, but a strikers' role is to bag, not 'put a shift in' , our defence does that every game ie clean sheets, it's the finishing letting us down and has done since Murray's departure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here