Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Albion Roar 2022/23 Season

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hi, just wanted to say thank you to the Roar with the season underway and the podcast beginning again (with aplomb! :lolol:)

It really is essential listening to us exiles that can't make it all the time, I do enjoy whilst out walking the dogs and/or don't mind doing some housework at same time if I can listen to, you guys literally take 'the bore, out of the chore'!!

Cheers fellas, not just A,A &P, but all the team, regulars and many guests - your hard work, insight and opinions are much appreciated by many others too I'm sure :bigwave:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Listened earlier today, and agree very informative interview with PB. Couldn’t help but think we’re so lucky to have him as CE.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Hi, just wanted to say thank you to the Roar with the season underway and the podcast beginning again (with aplomb! :lolol:)

It really is essential listening to us exiles that can't make it all the time, I do enjoy whilst out walking the dogs and/or don't mind doing some housework at same time if I can listen to, you guys literally take 'the bore, out of the chore'!!

Cheers fellas, not just A,A &P, but all the team, regulars and many guests - your hard work, insight and opinions are much appreciated by many others too I'm sure :bigwave:

Bit late I know but ive only just seen your post.

Myself & Al really appreciate anybody who takes the time to listen

Thanks you for your kind words

Ady

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Ady
Will listen to the PB episode, appreciate you asking him some of the questions we'd like answered.

A gentle query - are you still doing the thing of releasing podcasts just before a game, thus rendering them out of date unless they are listened to near immediately? Or are you doing post game pods with discussion too? As that really would be the difference between listening regularly and not for me.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
It’s been said a bunch of times before but there can’t be many other Premier League CEOs willing to chat openly at such length on such wide-ranging topics.

Nice to hear the confidence with which he spoke about our “systems” and their interpreting of data being far bigger than any one individual recruitment employee - regards absorbing the loss of Winstanley.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Will listen to the PB episode, appreciate you asking him some of the questions we'd like answered.

A gentle query - are you still doing the thing of releasing podcasts just before a game, thus rendering them out of date unless they are listened to near immediately? Or are you doing post game pods with discussion too? As that really would be the difference between listening regularly and not for me.
The answer is yes. Changes implemented this summer mean the show is generally recorded on a Tuesday or Wednesday and broadcast on Wednesday at 8pm, Thursday 5pm and again at midday on Saturdays. The podcast is normally available from Wednesday evening, and the shirt of the week is posted to the FB page sometime during the day on Thursdays.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton

Because we are a radio show first & foremost the show was always broadcast on Reverb at midday on a Saturday. This season the show now first broadcasts on Reverb at 8pm on a Weds night (pod up after) & then is repeated at 5 on Thurs & again at Sat at 12.

So we should now be ahead of the curve as it were

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Ady
Always listen Very good. Only disapointment was not to question him on transport problems to and from Amex which you can see from reading forum on here is a big issue

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because we are a radio show first & foremost the show was always broadcast on Reverb at midday on a Saturday. This season the show now first broadcasts on Reverb at 8pm on a Weds night (pod up after) & then is repeated at 5 on Thurs & again at Sat at 12.

Excellent - glad to hear.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yep. Now imagine you were a guest just after the Leicester game and were recorded on the Tuesday before he left singing the exuberant praises of our 5-2 win :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The PB podcast is excellent and I'd commend it to anyone on here. Two things:

1) The club are spot on regarding away games. If you're reading, thanks for getting it correct and absolutely dealing with the obvious problems we had.

2) Who the f*** emailed PB to complain we secured De Zerbi too slowly? :lolol: . I bet it was someone on here. Own up!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The PB podcast is excellent and I'd commend it to anyone on here. Two things:

1) The club are spot on regarding away games. If you're reading, thanks for getting it correct and absolutely dealing with the obvious problems we had.

2) Who the f*** emailed PB to complain we secured De Zerbi too slowly? :lolol: . I bet it was someone on here. Own up!

1) summed up nicely by PB, although wasn’t hard to understand anyway!

2) My moneys on Peter from Eastbourne, always has something to say.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
2) Who ...emailed PB to complain we secured De Zerbi too slowly? :lolol: . I bet it was someone on here. Own up!
At the time I remember chatting on here with someone who insisted because it took a week then RDZ clearly wasn't first choice and club were being disengenuous arguing otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here