Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Chop Souey

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Love Souness and his kind ,talk sense and have been there and got the shirt. He`s comment wasn`t at a womens game it was at a EPL game . We are expected to listen to people like Carney and Aluko who are looking to be offended but have NEVER played the same game . Playing at EPL level is more competitive faster and tougher in every way ,that`s just factual that`s life ,and some want to bend the rules because they WANT to be offended .
The womens game is making big strides but is still light years behind the mens game , not just my opinion but fact .The USA womens FIRST team lost 5-2 to a Dallas U15s side , who were presumably of similar size and stature ,its the same as womens PRO Golf Tee offs are shorter ,women play 3 sets not 5 in Tennis ,boundaries for womens cricket are significantly shorter than the mens . I dont see a problem with any of this at all, so why cant we talk about the "Mans" game anymore ,after all none of the Carneys have EVER played against players of the stature of Souness so why should they now make the rules ?.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Love Souness and his kind ,talk sense and have been there and got the shirt. He`s comment wasn`t at a womens game it was at a EPL game . We are expected to listen to people like Carney and Aluko who are looking to be offended but have NEVER played the same game . Playing at EPL level is more competitive faster and tougher in every way ,that`s just factual that`s life ,and some want to bend the rules because they WANT to be offended .
The womens game is making big strides but is still light years behind the mens game , not just my opinion but fact .The USA womens FIRST team lost 5-2 to a Dallas U15s side , who were presumably of similar size and stature ,its the same as womens PRO Golf Tee offs are shorter ,women play 3 sets not 5 in Tennis ,boundaries for womens cricket are significantly shorter than the mens . I dont see a problem with any of this at all, so why cant we talk about the "Mans" game anymore ,after all none of the Carneys have EVER played against players of the stature of Souness so why should they now make the rules ?.
Best post I've seen on here for ages

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Were Carney & Aluko offended ? Why pick on them? It’s the same game, same laws. Just played differently because of the physicality of a man vs a woman.

The only people still going on about this is angry, insecure men. Get over it

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Were Carney & Aluko offended ? Why pick on them? It’s the same game, same laws. Just played differently because of the physicality of a man vs a woman.

The only people still going on about this is angry, insecure men. Get over it

I am not insecure but definitely angry ,why should i be expected to feel bad because i don`t watch or like women`s football,it`s slow weak and childlike by comparison to the men`s game .Like for like womens football is every bit as skillfull and entertaining as mens ,but it is not for me ,why should i be made to feel bad about that ?.

I hate sorry HATE how womens cricket for instance play for "The Ashe`s " to me that is unforgivable ,how dare they !. What next a star on the womens new kit for the 1966 World Cup win that they weren`t there for either ?.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am not insecure but definitely angry ,why should i be expected to feel bad because i don`t watch or like women`s football,it`s slow weak and childlike by comparison to the men`s game .Like for like womens football is every bit as skillfull and entertaining as mens ,but it is not for me ,why should i be made to feel bad about that ?.

I hate sorry HATE how womens cricket for instance play for "The Ashe`s " to me that is unforgivable ,how dare they !. What next a star on the womens new kit for the 1966 World Cup win that they weren`t there for either ?.

No one is asking or making you watch womens football ? Just go and hang out with some fellow real men and do some manly things together when it’s on tv or something

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What a muppet Barney Ronay is,of course Souness described the game as "a mans game" it was between 2 men`s sides ! what was he supposed to describe it as ? another PC pratt looking to be offended on someone elses behalf .

What makes you think Ronay was offended? The article didn't give that impression at all.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
What makes you think Ronay was offended? The article didn't give that impression at all.

He didn`t sound like he was defending him,it came across to me that he was very much anti Souness to the point of using a caricature instead of one of a 1000 available pictures of him,omo.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He didn`t sound like he was defending him,it came across to me that he was very much anti Souness to the point of using a caricature instead of one of a 1000 available pictures of him,omo.

Anti Souness?

He said "I am biased in his favour because I admired him as a footballer (for those who weren’t there: he was a genuinely A-list central midfielder) and I find him watchable and very funny as a TV pundit. I really don’t think Souness was trying to say women shouldn’t play football, or that women’s football is inferior. I think what he was trying to express, poorly, was his enthusiasm for letting the game flow, a lust for extreme physicality, and his own obvious nostalgia for the world of his youth."

As for being offended, the first 4 or so paragraphs are railing against the modern tendency for polarisation and faux-offence. I think you need to reread it.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Anti Souness?

He said "I am biased in his favour because I admired him as a footballer (for those who weren’t there: he was a genuinely A-list central midfielder) and I find him watchable and very funny as a TV pundit. I really don’t think Souness was trying to say women shouldn’t play football, or that women’s football is inferior. I think what he was trying to express, poorly, was his enthusiasm for letting the game flow, a lust for extreme physicality, and his own obvious nostalgia for the world of his youth."

As for being offended, the first 4 or so paragraphs are railing against the modern tendency for polarisation and faux-offence. I think you need to reread it.

Maybe i have misread it,but the piece came across to me as give with one hand while taking away with the other,a bit like the Headmaster telling you " this hurts me more than it does you" just before caning you,as i say omo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here