[Other Sport] Chop Souey

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
2 Games on a Sunday afternoon he watched,
Equals 44+ men playing football
Equals Man's Game.

Getting really fed up with the increase in people finding any excuse to play the sexist/ racist card these days.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

I am when it's used as a politically convenient tool that doesn't have context and intent taken into account. So I agree there.

But such things do exist, even in NSC. So it's always important to be mindful and, most importantly, just try and establish what people really mean.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I commented on this on the Premier league games thread at the time. Bearing in mind he said it three times I think he did pick his words carefully. Absolutely no need to get his point across in that way, particularly because of the negative sentiment implied about women footballers. It came across as quite bullying to the female player and I felt he should be embarrassed to behave in that way. Turns out he wasn’t. I’m not at all interested in women's football but that isn’t really the point.

Say it one time and it might be a throwaway comment and nowt to give a shit about.

Say it twice and it is obvious you're trying to make a point but don't have the balls to do it out loud.

Say it thrice and you're compensating because you can't get it up.

Poor guy, can't be easy. I hope his doctor saw this public cry for help and prescribe him some pills.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
:nono:

Souness doesn't regret sexist comments

:facepalm:

Can't see Sky accepting this, good that DJ immediately picked him up on it. Expect it's the last the we'll be seeing of Souey for a while.

Hopefully common-sense will prevail, and Sky will continue employing him, in the same way they continue to employ a pundit who spat at a fan.

I know he’s effectively Palace but Simon Jordan gave a superb defence of Souness on Talk Sport this morning.

I don’t know if any of the NSC techies could post a copy of it on here?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When it comes to gender related words I presume I can use the word c u nt, as in stupid c u nt?

I got an infraction once for getting around the swear filter.
Burn him with firery stuff

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The "it was a mans game" defense is just thick and ignorant in the extreme, stop using it. Clearly his comment was not made in that context - it was sexist and doesn't have a place in society, especially not on national TV to be heard by millions of people including women and children.

He should be sacked and put out to pasture along with fellow vile ignoramuses Keys and Gray. He is an appalling pundit anyway.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If Souness generally does have an issue with the women's game then I'd rather he fessed up than used subtle digs. But he needs to be asked the question directly.

To give background to my original thoughts, I'm absolutely made up the women's football has been given the profile it has. I loved the Euros.

Something I did notice is that the women were less likely to go rolling in agony when they were fouled.

Bit of an irony there.

Indeed, and yes I remember you are a fan of the womens game and BHA women in particular. It’s difficult to know whether Souness has a problem with it. Maybe. I just thought he came across as a sexist bore doing some sort of outdated macho act.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Yeah probably what Mason Greenwood, Bernard Mendy and the other macho fellas got to hear while growing up.

If you think that violence is what makes a man, then sure - its a man's game. A pathetic man's game.
What's alleged rape charges got to do with a football match ?

You pass judgement on all and sundry on here but never been to a game here.

Sad and pathetic comes to mind with you and your posts.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
https://youtu.be/v4zntE8oXR8

Proper MAN'S Game

That's not football. That's just score settling and men being twats. How anyone can enjoy that is beyond me. I have a different interpretation of a 'real man' and it's not one that behaves like that.

If anyone wants to return to those days, it's not football they want to return to.

What else shall we bring back, darts and knives on the terraces ?

I'd like to see more stuff let go in the game. The cut and thrust being understood in the passion of the contest. But I don't want to return to the uncontrolled dickheadary above.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What's alleged rape charges got to do with a football match ?

You pass judgement on all and sundry on here but never been to a game here.

Sad and pathetic comes to mind with you and your posts.

Of course things like that are connected. From the age of 5 or 6 many players go to live in some kind of macho bubble, spurred on by braindead ****tarded violence-masturbators like you and Souness, and of course that will give some players a very strange perception of reality and quite possibly turn some of them into monsters.

What's me never going to a game in England have to do with it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The "it was a mans game" defense is just thick and ignorant in the extreme, stop using it. Clearly his comment was not made in that context - it was sexist and doesn't have a place in society, especially not on national TV to be heard by millions of people including women and children.

He should be sacked and put out to pasture along with fellow vile ignoramuses Keys and Gray. He is an appalling pundit anyway.

Sacked :lol:

I was offended by the term womans game in the summer, I want everyone sacked.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's just stick to facts here. This match was football match played between Chelsea FC MENS first team and Tottenham Hotspurs FC MENS team, a match between two teams of MEN. Therefore it was by irrefutable definition, a MANS game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
How on earth can it be offensive to womens game when he was talking about a men's game.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
How on earth can it be offensive to womens game when he was talking about a men's game.

It wasn’t offensive to the women’s game. It was quite rude to the lady sitting next to him though. She has played around 150 games for England and Souness was going on about football being a man’s game. Football…not a specific football match. The game itself going back to the good old days and being something she couldn’t play properly…as she is a woman. Not a big deal in the scheme of things but worthy of comment and contempt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of course things like that are connected. From the age of 5 or 6 many players go to live in some kind of macho bubble, spurred on by braindead ****tarded violence-masturbators like you and Souness, and of course that will give some players a very strange perception of reality and quite possibly turn some of them into monsters.

What's me never going to a game in England have to do with it?

So you've extrapolated all that from Souness remarking on a feisty London derby that "its a mans game"

The MONSTER that he is

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Let's just stick to facts here. This match was football match played between Chelsea FC MENS first team and Tottenham Hotspurs FC MENS team, a match between two teams of MEN. Therefore it was by irrefutable definition, a MANS game.

But those of us who are able to read between the lines are aware that he was not just delivering information about the gender of the players.

What if all the players were white and he said "It's a white mans game!", would that just be considered a casual mentioning of irrefutable facts?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But those of us who are able to read between the lines are aware that he was not just delivering information about the gender of the players.

Yes, but we didn’t even have to read between the lines. Souness quite clearly mentioned the change in the refereeing of the game and its impact on player behaviour across multiple games over the first two weekends of this season. It wasn’t just about the Chelsea v Spurs game so I am unsure why various posters are claiming it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here