Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Newcastle programme

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I’ve been so impressed with the last few years programmes… they’ve been full of style, artistic excitement and great on the eye. What’s happened to this latest one. Dull to look at, jam-packed with ads (I do understand ads pay for it but come on this was far too much).
We’ve oodles of flair on the pitch, let’s get this sorted please.

It was a shock, we should enter it into slimmer of the year

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I thought it was OK (always buy it to read on the train journey home). Nice archive pieces by Spencer Vignes on the 1991 play-offs and the Newcastle promotion game in 79, including the seagull special train back to Brighton.

The only thing I was disappointed about was the far too short obit for goalscoring hero Adrian Thorne, surely he deserved a full page at least - perhaps Spence will do a longer piece on him and the Watford game in another edition.

Rest of it was all right, too - player interviews, usual bits by Potter, Bloom and Barber.

The one part I rarely read is the review of the oppostion. I'm generally just not that interested.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I liked the piece written by Ant and Dec, giving their thoughts and memories when on the set of Byker Grove.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Does anyone know how many physical programmes actually get sold on a matchday?

And how that number compares with the print run?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Down to 68 pages from 100 , thought last years had too many adverts, to be honest they have to rehash quite a lot of the features every season, will still buy it.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I normally these days just buy the first and last of the season (used to get them for most/all matches I attended - something I did as a boy as a matter of course) - due to other things going on, my memory isn't pin sharp but weren't they £5 last season? It was £3.50 this time around (although as it was a little slimmer, that could be the reason). If that's the regular price, it's more suitable.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I normally these days just buy the first and last of the season (used to get them for most/all matches I attended - something I did as a boy as a matter of course) - due to other things going on, my memory isn't pin sharp but weren't they £5 last season? It was £3.50 this time around (although as it was a little slimmer, that could be the reason). If that's the regular price, it's more suitable.

Have been £3.50 for some time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here