Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away stand commotion

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Anyone know what the commotion was in away stand towards East stand, game was stopped for a while players and ref pointing at someone/something. Plod weemed to walk up through but not take anyone away?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone know what the commotion was in away stand towards East stand, game was stopped for a while players and ref pointing at someone/something. Plod weemed to walk up through but not take anyone away?

Surely someone suffering from the sun? Ref was called a wanker or words to that effect by some of the Newcastle fans for only a short delay to the match…but as i understand it the guidance has changed

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
reports of capped bottles.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I've heard 3-pints of that inches cider can cause a funny turn, maybe that?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Too much sunshine and beer, I suspect. Newcastle fans OUTRAGED that the entire Premier League programme wasn't brought to a grinding halt for 3 hours, causing them to hurl lots of abuse at the ref. Odd.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The chopping up and bone-sawing of an overly critical supporter?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
All those fat bellied Geordies, caused a massive ripple in the air, similar to an EMP.
This resulted in a disruption in Sky's satellite uplink.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
From my view in the East Upper there seemed to be stewards on the scene fairly quickly. The guy who got through to the edge of the pitch shouting at the ref seemed to be ignored by everyone except the ref. Stewards sat on the ground couldn't work out what was happening, a guy shouting at the ref! The scene came from about 10/15 rows back and both orange and yellow jackets were in there but certainly didn't look like an emergency situation.
So no, no idea what happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here