Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match day programme

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Didn't see it but thrilled to see on the website Barber has wasted a couple of hundred words on how well the home kit has sold despite the criticism. Marvellous.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Didn't see it but thrilled to see on the website Barber has wasted a couple of hundred words on how well the home kit has sold despite the criticism. Marvellous.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

#NeverWrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's lost a few pages and gone from perfect bound to saddle stitched - which automatically makes it look thinner

I know it's early on but I'd like to have seen some more about the women's team - we've had a lot of new signings

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
It's lost a few pages and gone from perfect bound to saddle stitched - which automatically makes it look thinner

I know it's early on but I'd like to have seen some more about the women's team - we've had a lot of new signings

Why ? We’re the woman’s team playing yesterday,

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

That sounds good. I would be more interested in buying a massively slimmed down version. I like to stick a programme in my pocket and finish reading it later. The Man U one last week was bloody ridiculous.
Certainly don’t want anything more than results of women's and youth teams.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Why ? We’re the woman’s team playing yesterday,

That's a bizarre thing to say - football programmes aren't just glorified team sheets.

There's been massive disruption in the women's team over the summer, virtually a whole new team has arrived. I think that would be worthy of some comment

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think we all need to accept that the days of the match day programme that every fan looked to for sources of information is very much on the decline and sales are well down.

Much lower down the pyramid l know, but apart from at special games, we don't print a programme at Horsham YMCA any longer, but simply make one available online.

Be prepared for the Seagulls version to get thinner and thinner over forthcoming seasons.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That's a bizarre thing to say - football programmes aren't just glorified team sheets.

There's been massive disruption in the women's team over the summer, virtually a whole new team has arrived. I think that would be worthy of some comment

All true of course, but l can see the poster's point, perhaps the match day programme should be just that, information relating to that actual game.

Just playing Devil's Advocate you understand!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

- Bloom mentioned how proud he was for investing in it in his column
- the #1 “news” story was the WSL games being at the Amex
- there was an interview with 2 of Albion’s players in the 2 page feature on the Euros.
- there’s was a prominent ad flogging season tickets.

As for more - then given the WSL season doesn’t start for 4 weeks, their pre season has only just started and there’s 2 programmes before then - I imagine more to come.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It’s alright having all the info on line but in years to come who’s going to get up in the loft to get a suitcase only to come down 4 hours later because they’ve found their hoard of old programmes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here