Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion vs Swindon Play off semi, Willy Carson prematurely celebrating?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Does anyone remember this? I recall a Sky shot (bad fan was unable to be there as lived in Liverpool at the time) where he's seen prematurely celebrating and shaking hands like they're through and then Virgs showed up with the late late show. I have tried to educate my youngest who was 1 at the time but cannot for the life of me find this clip. I would be forever in your debt if anyone knows a link.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Does anyone remember this? I recall a Sky shot (bad fan was unable to be there as lived in Liverpool at the time) where he's seen prematurely celebrating and shaking hands like they're through and then Virgs showed up with the late late show. I have tried to educate my youngest who was 1 at the time but cannot for the life of me find this clip. I would be forever in your debt if anyone knows a link.

If anyone finds it, I started a thread to post favourite film and video clubs. Sounds like the place to post it.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Loosely related, i always remember seeing South East today the day after and they were interviewing people on the way out by the turnstiles in the 120th minute only to then film them running back in after we'd scored - muppets. Not seen it since

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My daughter and I were on the track just by the penalty area when it went in. Went and sat back in our seats.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just watched the penalties again, still nervous :lolol:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Mark O'Meara - Brighton and Hove Albion Live on TV. No: 17 - Brighton & Hove Albion 0 - 1 Swindon Town

12345.jpg

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Thanks for posting that! I was at both semi final legs but sadly couldn’t make Cardiff :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thanks for posting that! I was at both semi final legs but sadly couldn’t make Cardiff :(
The only thing that was shit about that day was the match itself.

The beers, the cheers as we went through Swindon train station, the weather, the result, watching a Welsh tramp shout "HAHA f*CK off Bristol" at every City fan walking past, it was all ruddy tremendous.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just watched the penalties again, still nervous :lolol:

Strangely that was the least nervous I’ve ever been for a shoot out. After Virgo’s goal, it just felt inevitable that we were going to win it. Swindon were so shellshocked, and we were so ecstatic, it felt the only possible outcome was the Albion going through.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here