Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sasa Kalajdzic

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The way I see it. Strikers are the hardest position to bring through the academy as they rarely get good at this level until into mid 20s. They are also the most expensive so to buy one you need to be totally ahead of the curve on an up and coming striker or find the right time on a one off big spend. Even that won't eliminate all risk and will certainly come with a vast and maybe destabilising wage commitment.

With all the windfalls we've had recently, now might be the time for that one off big spend. I've no idea if the club have any interest in this bloke though he would certainly be different to what we have. Whether we can attract him I don't know, but our stock is high at the moment, so maybe we could.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
The way I see it. Strikers are the hardest position to bring through the academy as they rarely get good at this level until into mid 20s. They are also the most expensive so to buy one you need to be totally ahead of the curve on an up and coming striker or find the right time on a one off big spend. Even that won't eliminate all risk and will certainly come with a vast and maybe destabilising wage commitment.

With all the windfalls we've had recently, now might be the time for that one off big spend. I've no idea if the club have any interest in this bloke though he would certainly be different to what we have. Whether we can attract him I don't know, but our stock is high at the moment, so maybe we could.

We will only be interested in him or others if Maupay goes. Still say we need LB and CDM though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We've spent nearer £20 million on Enciso and Adingra.

I’d forgotten about Adingra - easily done seeing as he went straight to USG - so that’s somewhere between 15-18m in total depending on which source you believe. That’s still a net spend of -80m, and that’s not even accounting for the approx -20m net spend last season.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patreon
Jun 20, 2021
I thought it was quite telling that GP put Undav on to replace Welbz on Sunday rather than Maupay. Tends to indicate the pecking order now [emoji1744]
Or as Maupay has played at OT and Undav hasn't, maybe a nice touch to make him feel part of the club.

Also, Maupay gave away a 98th minute penalty against Man U after the final whistle before, so maybe not the best player to bring on in injury time!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
David Ornstein reporting in The Athletic that Wolves are in talks for him.

"Wolverhampton Wanderers are in talks with Stuttgart over a move for striker Sasa Kalajdzic, The Athletic understands.
It is believed that no agreement has been reached as yet, with no formal offer tabled either.
Stuttgart want €25million (£21.2m) for Kalajdzic, 25, who is thought to be discussing personal terms with Wolves. The two clubs, however, are some distance apart on price as it stands."

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
David Ornstein reporting in The Athletic that Wolves are in talks for him.

"Wolverhampton Wanderers are in talks with Stuttgart over a move for striker Sasa Kalajdzic, The Athletic understands.
It is believed that no agreement has been reached as yet, with no formal offer tabled either.
Stuttgart want €25million (£21.2m) for Kalajdzic, 25, who is thought to be discussing personal terms with Wolves. The two clubs, however, are some distance apart on price as it stands."

For the sort of moolah Wolves throw around, that's not a massive amount of money

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Given Potter has said he wants a second Welbeck, I’m not sure this guy is on our list. We’ll be looking for someone who can run in behind like Welbs. Not sure who that is, mind

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Here we go-ed... to Wolves.

[Tweet]1564241407002427393[/Tweet]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports