Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Facebook Pages

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I am administrator of a Group Page on Facebook (obviously not doing it to well!!!)

Can you help with a Problem. The large photo that usually appears at the top of the page has suddenly shrunk and located itself in the top left hand corner.

Have tried to follow Facebook's instructions to rectify but dismally failing. The page is "Keep the Ridge Green" if you would like to look at and hopefully come up with some instructions I can follow. Cheers.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
The page looks OK to me...

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 15.07.48.png

Try clearing your cookies maybe? Forcing a refresh of the page on your browser? And, have you tried another browser?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My Grandparents nearly brought that Windmill many many years ago.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I used to live on Windmill Drive directly opposite that windmill as a kid many many years ago. There were no sails on it in those days - they were only replaced in the early 70s.

Back in the 1960s the green between the mill and Windmill Drive was a farmer's field where horses were kept. The buggers used to escape on a regular basis and eat my dad's (and the neighbours') front lawns and flowers.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again? :moo:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Yes, that is how it always looked. Only changed suddenly last night. Will try the browser route. Cheers.

I have just looked and its fine, so it looks like its on your browser- try clearing the cache and reloading

btw I love the ridge-lived here all my life and only "discovered" it when out with my sister a couple months ago- she walks up there a lot

https://www.facebook.com/groups/278602262823110

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
My Grandparents nearly brought that Windmill many many years ago.

My friend lives in it now haha

Now owned by a lady who lives in London. She has let it to a couple of Canadian men, one of whom appeared on the Voice a couple of years ago.

He’s right! Had many a wild party there, haha. On the night he was on TV too as it happens. (He’s currently in Back to the Future) Beautiful place.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It's on the left hand side for me, Chrome browser.
Edit to add that other groups have them in the middle but sometimes Facebook starts changing things sections at a time.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Now owned by a lady who lives in London. She has let it to a couple of Canadian men, one of whom appeared on the Voice a couple of years ago.

Why you wouldn't live in such a great property over renting it out astounds me !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here