Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Lamont Dozier - RIP

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Motown song-writing legend legend has sadly passed away.

As Billy Bragg once put it so eloquently:

"Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong
Are here to make everything right that's wrong
Holland and Holland and Lamont Dozier too
Are here to make it all okay with you"

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Motown song-writing legend legend has sadly passed away.

As Billy Bragg once put it so eloquently:

"Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong
Are here to make everything right that's wrong
Holland and Holland and Lamont Dozier too
Are here to make it all okay with you"

Fantastic song and yes a name check for Lamont Dozier - definitely a legendary music man and part of one of the greatest songwriting teams ever

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
RIP.

Can imagine Craig Charles' 6 Music show will have a H-D-H tribute on Saturday, some good listening after beating the Geordies.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Another big loss.

I grew up with Motown and H-D-H. Simply awesome the volume and variety of great songs they turned out.
(Unsuccessful) singers in their own right but as a songwriting team they’re up there with Lennon & McCartney

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Another big loss.

I grew up with Motown and H-D-H. Simply awesome the volume and variety of great songs they turned out.
(Unsuccessful) singers in their own right but as a songwriting team they’re up there with Lennon & McCartney

Exactly this. Me too

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Their songs are the soundtrack of my youth in Discos as they were called back then. This one holds some special memories for me

RIP Lamont

https://youtu.be/LQMpvgunkd4

Late 60's Saturday nights at the Top Rank Suite, can't dance to save my life, but wild dogs wouldn't have stopped me charging on to the dance floor when this track came on, happy carefree days.

RIP Lamont and thankyou for the music
:rave:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Another big loss.

Oh why did you have to spoil it, i was going to click like until...

:lol:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I’m really surprised this thread is relatively short but guess it’s a reflection of my age - ANYONE who was alive in the 60s and who doesn’t feel the need to dance when they hear these tunes was very badly advised at the time - and you youngsters this is REAL music - those of us who appreciate it are the lucky ones

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Indeed RIP what great music to grow up with, putting on the Ben Sherman shirt, the Levis (as tough as nails none of this prewashed rubbish) and hitting the Top Rank Suite or more dingey the Montpelier great times and some of the best music ever made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here