Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] United YouTube fans...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Honestly don't get this concept at all. So some folks like to watch other people watching a football match? Is it meant to be like Googlebox for Premier League or something?

Yep.

People like to watch other people do all sorts of things. Twitch built their entire business around the concept.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:d Screenshot_20220808-113127_Twitter.jpg

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
After every one of our victories I search "United/Arsenal/Spurs Brighton VLOG" and there's always a lovely perspective from the opposition stands of us winning filmed by a devastated teenager :D

Here's one such video. Lovely stuff.

Perms, feckin perms and vapes. My 14 year old daughter has already seen enough of them. Don't we have our own top knotted doofus who makes these vlogs. During the Espanyol game he kept berating his dad for failing to find a stream, whilst it was fun watching him try to make a show by 'shouting out' to subscribers, his prepubesant shrill tones had a finite listening time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
04:03 "What a shambles of a shithouse" :laugh:

05:01 "They've shat on us again... like the f'ing seagulls with diarrhoea from last season" :laugh:

[MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]casualfan has anger management issues.

And self awareness, articulation, IQ, hormone replacement…to name a few

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There are a lot of brighton fans who, while watching us on TV/illegal streams, or listening to us on the radio will come on to NSC and read what others are saying about the game, sometimes contributing themselves. I'm sure some people at the game do, too (though I'm sure most of those at the game only dip in to nsc during breaks in play/half-time etc).

Is that really any different to having sky sports muted on the TV and listening to fans make those same types of comments/discussions on a live youtube stream?

EDIT: Just to note, this isn't meant to shut down any mocking of anything stupid they say, or heat of the moment comments that come back to bite them at full time, it's just in response to the 'who watches this sort of thing' or 'why is this a thing' questions.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
After some thought....let them play. If they make money, hooray.

If others mock, so it be.

Commenting about this on NSC is jolly, but I don't seem to have made any money, so I'm out.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seeing things like this just makes me glad that I largely view the internet as a tool for finding information, booking tickets and watching content. And not as a platform to get attention.
NSC is is the nearest thing to social media as I get.

It makes me especially thankful that there was no internet/phones in the early 90’s when I was a squeaky voiced little teenage tit :lolol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Going back to the original video, I agree it was hilarious in parts to see/hear the Man Utd fans air their outbursts.....and I thought the 3 lads at the end of each section were calm, measured unlike the 'rabid dog' approach to others

Love the fact that our game was watched ALL OVER THE WORLD and people realise what a decent side we are.......slightly different to yesteryear, when I travelled up to Carlisle and we were something like 2-0 down after 20 mins and me thinking "this is a long way to go to watch us be so sh1t!!"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
After every one of our victories I search "United/Arsenal/Spurs Brighton VLOG" and there's always a lovely perspective from the opposition stands of us winning filmed by a devastated teenager :D

Here's one such video. Lovely stuff.

I watched this expecting full amusement value, but I have to say credit to them. The coach names and the fact that one of their mums is on there is a bit annoying, but otherwise they're young people with young people's haircuts and some reasonably sensible, if United biased (which given their audience is understandable) opinions. They're walking from Salford Quays at the start, exactly as me and The Boy did, a nice scenic route at that time of year, they understandably edit the highlights to show Utd as better but show our goals, discuss our goals and immediately pan to our fans and, post match, offer the same analysis as most sensible pundits did with hours more to digest the game; namely that they need a proper CDM to link play (Biss would have actually suited them) and that this is largely going to be a season of transition under the new coach. They seem to know their football, and if walking from Salford Quays to OT with a beer is a crime then I'm guilty too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here