Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Groß denied the opportunity of a hat-trick

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
By one of the worst penalty decisions you’ll ever see against the Albion. Made even more horrific by VAR not intervening.

Something has to be done about this. Just get rid of VAR if you’re not going to use it for the clangers.

A penalty in every ground except for the opposition team at Old Trafford.

theboybilly

By one of the worst penalty decisions you’ll ever see against the Albion. Made even more horrific by VAR not intervening.

Something has to be done about this. Just get rid of VAR if you’re not going to use it for the clangers.

A penalty in every ground except for the opposition team at Old Trafford.

Penalty definately but there's a few other grounds we wouldn't have got it either

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Absolutely shocking decision. The clearest penalty ever. The referee was diabolical all game. Just totally biased to the big, home team. It was ridiculous.

And the fact that the farcical VAR didn’t give it is the clearest indication ever that that shit system should be ended forever.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I know he scored 2 goals, and should have had that chance of a hat trick but more importantly did he go through the 95 minutes with not one Gross turn - shocking !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely shocking decision. The clearest penalty ever. The referee was diabolical all game. Just totally biased to the big, home team. It was ridiculous.

And the fact that the farcical VAR didn’t give it is the clearest indication ever that that shit system should be ended forever.

Beggar’s belief, it can only be put down to not wanting United go three nil down. Worst decision from a ref and VAR I have ever seen. McTominay being given just a yellow was almost as bad

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Need to see it again but IMO it would have been somewhat cheap with a penalty.

Rubbish. A blatant push in the back with no chance of getting the ball.

It’s this type of VAR decision that needs to be explained to fans

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Beggar’s belief, it can only be put down to not wanting United go three nil down. Worst decision from a ref and VAR I have ever seen. McTominay being given just a yellow was almost as bad

It really was shocking. I never normally moan about big clubs getting referee decisions as most of the time I think fans and managers are wrong and finding excuses as the vast majority of decisions are correct and it’s just because the big teams are attacking more so will get more decisions.

BUT THAT was absolutely diabolical and the referee’s entire performance should be questioned, he was just dreadful.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One of those where it absolutely is a penalty unless it's against a big club.

VAR showing that their job is to back up the onfield ref, unless he misses a possible goal opportunity for a top 6 side.

Only the PGMOL could **** up something as useful as VAR.
It could have been a real leveller in the hands of competent referees.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Should have been a pen and should have been a red for McTominay. Sky sports seemed to only show one replay of the tackle and you could clearly see him go in studs up over the ball, straight onto Caicedo's lower leg/ankle. Would 100% have been a red if it was one of our players doing it. But thats the Old Trafford bias.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
A lot of little things went against us as well like Caicedo being made to go off after treatment from McTominay’s ‘challenge’, the flag that couldn’t go up quick enough when Welbeck went through despite it looking really close. All the sort of things that Kevin Friend does for Liverpool.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
the flag that couldn’t go up quick enough when Welbeck went through despite it looking really close.

That one really pissed me off. Even more so in second half when same lino didn't flag immediately when a Utd player (Ronaldo?) went on exactly same run

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think I rarely get wound up by us not getting penalties when we feel we should because I've seen us taking penalites.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That one really pissed me off. Even more so in second half when same lino didn't flag immediately when a Utd player (Ronaldo?) went on exactly same run

Agree, annoyed me as well. On the replay he certainly looked onside.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Go on the BBC Sports report of the game and nearly every comment mentions the blatant penalty we were denied and how on earth Mc Tominay wasn't sent off.
Hey Ho, 1-2 to the good guys.
:ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here