• 1C09F566-653A-4224-AC17-50D2ED698CB1.jpeg
    1C09F566-653A-4224-AC17-50D2ED698CB1.jpeg
    766.3 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So Maupay is staying ? Why give Moder a number when he is out until Christmas at the earliest?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
So Maupay is staying ? Why give Moder a number when he is out until Christmas at the earliest?

Yeah let’s really knock a player when he is down, and not give him a squad number, so that he doesn’t feel part of the squad while fighting back from a difficult injury…

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yeah let’s really knock a player when he is down, and not give him a squad number, so that he doesn’t feel part of the squad while fighting back from a difficult injury…

It's got nothing to do with knocking a player down you tit. What a ridiculous statement

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Getting a squad number doesn't guarantee they'll be in the final squad - the window hasn't shut yet, so we may yet get offers that are too good to refuse for anybody. And I'm sure we'd like to find a new home for Andone if we could!
What it does suggest is that we might be planning to keep Van Hecke and Clarke, for now anyway, and that it looks as if we're planning to keep youngsters like Enciso, Sarmiento, Kizlowski and Ferguson here rather than going out on loan. Looks like we might be trying to find a loan for Offiah though - and I wouldn't be surprised if either Scherpen or McGill went out on loan too - do we really need four GKs?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

This isn’t the 25 man squad submitted to the PL . That’s only confirmed after the closing of the transfer window on Sept 1st. The squad numbers are there for now but doesnt tell us much given loans for Scherpen, Clarke seem likely and sales (Maupay ? ) /new players incoming are obviously possible over next few weeks.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This isn’t the 25 man squad submitted to the PL . That’s only confirmed after the closing of the transfer window on Sept 1st. The squad numbers are there for now but doesnt tell us much given loans for Scherpen, Clarke seem likely and sales (Maupay ? ) /new players incoming are obviously possible over next few weeks.

That explains it. A lot can still happen yet. Ta

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Getting a squad number doesn't guarantee they'll be in the final squad - the window hasn't shut yet, so we may yet get offers that are too good to refuse for anybody. And I'm sure we'd like to find a new home for Andone if we could!
What it does suggest is that we might be planning to keep Van Hecke and Clarke, for now anyway, and that it looks as if we're planning to keep youngsters like Enciso, Sarmiento, Kizlowski and Ferguson here rather than going out on loan. Looks like we might be trying to find a loan for Offiah though - and I wouldn't be surprised if either Scherpen or McGill went out on loan too - do we really need four GKs?

My first impression looking at those players and numbers was how weak and inexperienced that team looks. Thankfully not the finished article yet. Even if you look what's left it is a cause for concern

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My first impression looking at those players and numbers was how weak and inexperienced that team looks. Thankfully not the finished article yet. Even if you look what's left it is a cause for concern

Squad is seriously second in importance to core starting eleven. We now look significantly weaker in both areas than we did going into last season

Sorry (= not sorry) as always if this post bearing the bad news reality offends the serial happy-clappers. Oh well

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Squad is seriously second in importance to core starting eleven. We now look significantly weaker in both areas than we did going into last season

Sorry (= not sorry) as always if this post bearing the bad news reality offends the serial happy-clappers. Oh well

Weaker at this moment, but I think 2 signings change that. We have added Undav & Ferguson is another year experienced so there's more options up front. Adding Enciso, Sarmiento, and Mitoma means there's more creative midfield options along with Tross, MacAllister, and Gross. In a more defensive mid role I think we're missing some quality, so thats a signing needed. At right back we have the same options as last year. Centre back we have Dunk, Webster, Veltman, Colwill, Van Hecke, and Clarke so good options there. Left back we are obviously short a player, & goalkeeper options are the same as last year.

So overall yes weaker at this minute, but signing a left back and defensive mid away from have a very balanced decent team.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Looks pretty good to me. Obviously would look even better with Biss and Cucu still there, but still better than anything else we've had in the last 40 years!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
It's got nothing to do with knocking a player down you tit. What a ridiculous statement

Not you knocking him down, I mean if the club removed his shirt number as you think we should, that would be knocking him while he is down. Mentally that would be a very bad thing to do - clubs have done it to players in the past and been roundly criticised for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here