Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace’s tifo

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The Holmesdale Pathetics, inspired by Sunday afternoon tea at your nan’s, came up with a wonderful co-ordinated tifo display last night to kick off the first game of the season. The half crochet doily. Post modern brilliance, drawing on 70’s kitsch, family, passion, commitment and tea and scones. Those boys put on one hell of a display.

F97B2C88-346F-49F7-AF12-F6C0D4F4C689.jpeg

Not quite on a par with the tifos by Forest or those pesky European ultras that so inspire the HF plastics. But fair play to them, starting off the season with a good laugh.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Come to think of it, where did “tifo” come from? I’ve seen the term pop up in FIFA but can’t ever remember it before that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come to think of it, where did “tifo” come from? I’ve seen the term pop up in FIFA but can’t ever remember it before that.

Shirley I'd just a derivation of Tifosi as those seeing themselves as wannabe Tifosi are unable to pronounce words with more than 2 syllables.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Er, yeah, but when did it start getting used in this country as a term referring to a football banner?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah but as far as architecture is concerned they had the choice of a burned down greenhouse or the Whitgift Centre.

They've got an IKEA in Croydon though haven't they ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here