Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Attire for 1901 area at stadium.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
THEY HAVE!! Blimey, club in doing something sensible shocker.....hold the presses!

I emailed the club about potentially relaxing the dress code during the hot weather and have just had the following reply...

Happy days!! And well done the club!!

Has this been officially confirmed ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am so glad I do not pay for this shower of shit service, diabolical - service slow, Barwomen actually had to be shown what was Bacardi and overcharged on two rounds and resoundingly slow service.

Harveys was tepid

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All a bit of a shambles yesterday.

I actually felt sorry for the staff who didn’t have things to help them do their job. (Plates, cutlery, pies initially 😂)

Do other PL clubs use Sodexo?

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
I seem to have been the only person in the Sun Harvest yesterday who was wearing the “correct” attire though, given the strength of the sun and the extreme heat, I wasn’t that unhappy to be wearing long trousers.

Felt more like 40/50c in East stand lower than 30c too.

Really think the club should have publicised this new dress code policy on their website or did I just miss it?

I do wonder whether it’s really worth the extra for the 1901 experience though. I originally got a ticket because I wanted to sit down in comfort before the match and not have to compete with the scrum on the concourse to get a drink.

In practice, spare seats are at a premium if you arrive lateish and the service is pretty poor at the bars although marginally better than the concourse.

It would help if they had a proper queuing system!

Premium prices for a pretty average experience!?

P.s. I’m not including the on-pitch experience in that assessment. Been a bit variable at home the past few seasons but some of the football I’m seeing now is breathtaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I seem to have been the only person in the Sun Harvest yesterday who was wearing the “correct” attire though, given the strength of the sun and the extreme heat, I wasn’t that unhappy to be wearing long trousers.

Felt more like 40/50c in East stand lower than 30c too.

Really think the club should have publicised this new dress code policy on their website or did I just miss it?

Not sure about the club website but they sent an email about allowing shorts. It has been discussed on here as well.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Not sure about the club website but they sent an email about allowing shorts. It has been discussed on here as well.

Don’t seem to have that one!

I thought the email referred to on this thread was one direct from 1901 club in response to a query from a fan?

Anyway, it didn’t impact on my comfort levels though I note that collared shirts are now not required at all either in the dress code.

Hardly a big deal anyway.

My general point was more about whether the 1901 club was worth paying a substantial premium for? I’m 50/50 on that one at present.

Any one else querying its value for money?

P.s. just found the email. Didn’t make it far enough down to the page where dress code change was notified. My mistake!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don’t seem to have that one!

I thought the email referred to on this thread was one direct from 1901 club in response to a query from a fan?

Anyway, it didn’t impact on my comfort levels though I note that collared shirts are now not required at all either in the dress code.

Hardly a big deal anyway.

My general point was more about whether the 1901 club was worth paying a substantial premium for? I’m 50/50 on that one at present.

Any one else querying its value for money?

P.s. just found the email. Didn’t make it far enough down to the page where dress code change was notified. My mistake!

:thumbsup:

As for value I think it’s worth it. There isn’t a singular wow factor but for me there’s lots of small things which add up to make whole experience that much better in my personal opinion.

As for service, it’s always a bit ropey for the first few games primarily because the students who usually serve us, and a few have been looking after us for a number of years now, have not returned from their Lonely Planet back packing trip around South East Asia. It’s never a perfect service but it’s adequate for our needs a few games in. The service is also helped by the simple fact there’s less punters in 1901 lounges than the regular concourses.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
:thumbsup:

As for value I think it’s worth it. There isn’t a singular wow factor but for me there’s lots of small things which add up to make whole experience that much better in my personal opinion.

As for service, it’s always a bit ropey for the first few games primarily because the students who usually serve us, and a few have been looking after us for a number of years now, have not returned from their Lonely Planet back packing trip around South East Asia. It’s never a perfect service but it’s adequate for our needs a few games in. The service is also helped by the simple fact there’s less punters in 1901 lounges than the regular concourses.

I agree that’s it’s better than the concourses but my experience over the past three seasons is that service is never great just marginally worse early on.

Not blaming the staff. Just think there are too many people to manage a quality service.

Could be improved with better management though. A proper queuing system with more till points would help. Maybe a dedicated family till point so the kids could order drinks, crisps, chox at their usual leisurely pace rather than slowing down us old crusties trying to get our order before second half kicks off again!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
There are always initial problems at the start of the season, lack of knowledge and training, which is quite consistent and then it gets better as season goes on. 1901 I think is pretty good value as the seats are fantastic and nice to have a car parking space and we always stay to have a couple of beers after. Leave about 18:00, straight out of car park and home by 18:30. I appreciate not for everyone, but after years of getting soaked at Withdean, frustrated at Gillingham and Angry last couple of years at the Goldstone, we decided to treat ourselves. No real regrets although we were told and backed up with marketing literature that we would have priority on all other events at the Amex, like concerts, internationals etc, we have never had that and as we 'own' our seats, think that is a little unfair. Nice to wear shorts Saturday and would say 90% were.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are always initial problems at the start of the season, lack of knowledge and training, which is quite consistent and then it gets better as season goes on. 1901 I think is pretty good value as the seats are fantastic and nice to have a car parking space and we always stay to have a couple of beers after. Leave about 18:00, straight out of car park and home by 18:30. I appreciate not for everyone, but after years of getting soaked at Withdean, frustrated at Gillingham and Angry last couple of years at the Goldstone, we decided to treat ourselves. No real regrets although we were told and backed up with marketing literature that we would have priority on all other events at the Amex, like concerts, internationals etc, we have never had that and as we 'own' our seats, think that is a little unfair. Nice to wear shorts Saturday and would say 90% were.

I also think it also depends where you sit within the 1901; I have heard the East stand isnt as good as the West (friend told me but I cannot remember the reason why) and the middle-tier lounges at the north and south ends in the West stand seem more cramped than the lounge on the halfway line. And the Dugout seats always puzzle me as they pay the most and get soaked when it rains.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
We are in the west, between half way line and pen area towards north, the seats are fantastic. We are in the middle tier lounge nearest the north stand, we normally can get a seat before game, always after. Yes heard the west is better than the east side, plus we are always in the shade and never been effected by rain. The superb seats make it a good deal for me, plus 9 other great mates. By the way, we are not prawn sandwich, corporate or rich, just fans who enjoy watching the Albion, in a bit of comfort.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
We are in the west, between half way line and pen area towards north, the seats are fantastic. We are in the middle tier lounge nearest the north stand, we normally can get a seat before game, always after. Yes heard the west is better than the east side, plus we are always in the shade and never been effected by rain. The superb seats make it a good deal for me, plus 9 other great mates. By the way, we are not prawn sandwich, corporate or rich, just fans who enjoy watching the Albion, in a bit of comfort.

Agree with both your comments. The bar staff are pretty average but they do tend to get better as the season goes on. Last year was the worst it's been for my lounge (Harveys) but simply because they seemed to have new staff every game including a different head bar person. Two games running they hadn't finished the pre-ordered half time drinks before half time meaning people queuing out the door to get a beer. But it was sorted but I think that had a lot to do with the tall lady who runs the bar returning.

Had three geordies with us Saturday who have the equivalent at St James Park and they were blown away by the setup saying it was much better than what they have (they were also very complimentary about the team but so much theirs).

It's nice to have a beer in a glass in comfort whilst watching the late kick off and letting the crowds disperse which is worth the extra money IMO.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Best 'uni' staff we had did not know what a pint of Harvey's was and was looking for sherry, I put that down to lack of proper training. Problem is that they only do training on the job

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here