Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official New LB/LWB Thread*

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Solly March for me. I'd be straight over to him tomorrow morning and say 'you're the man Solly'.
We know he can do it well. No point getting into desperation stakes trying to sign some random player for way too much money. Let's let the cash settle a little and take our time.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Solly March for me. I'd be straight over to him tomorrow morning and say 'you're the man Solly'.
We know he can do it well. No point getting into desperation stakes trying to sign some random player for way too much money. Let's let the cash settle a little and take our time.

I’m fine with Solly being the back up LWB option. But if we want to play 4 at the back, he isn’t a LB for me. And what happens if he gets injured. Solly’s a great, versatile squad man, but we’ll need a replacement, and I think we’ll sign one.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m fine with Solly being the back up LWB option. But if we want to play 4 at the back, he isn’t a LB for me. And what happens if he gets injured. Solly’s a great, versatile squad man, but we’ll need a replacement, and I think we’ll sign one.

Aye. I'm being sentimental probably.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As above, I like Solly but we need someone else for the position as a matter of urgency before the window closes. If we wanted to change to a back four we have nobody who could play there. I shudder at when we tried Veltman there. We’ll have a new attacking left back by the time the transfer window closes.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Looking around at the players we’ve been linked to none look likely:
- Udogie - off to Spurs (loan back for season)
- Gomez - looks like City (and his agent is Pep’s brother)
- Angelino - going to Hoffenheim
- Tagliafico - gone to Lyon.
- Brandon Williams - let’s hope we have our sights set higher.

So where are going to unearth the next one?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

We can spend the Biss money, it's been sitting there a while now.

More than enough from that sale to land a LB.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
With Potter anything is possible.

I suspect Colwill/March/Mitoma/Trossard will bridge the gap until recruitment land Cucurella mk 2

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Our best couple of options seem to have finalised moves to European clubs so it’s becoming bit more worrying for outsiders. I bet the club have a good idea though and that we’ll find out when he’s signed. The Austrian midfielder/CB could be another piece of the puzzle as Potter likes converting players and LWB in our system could be interesting for him. More defensive when Lampty or March are on the right side bombing on or more average when someone like Veltman is over there.

Completely out the blue, I wonder if it would be a good position to loan some amazing youngster in at since we have depth in Solly? I’m usually against similar but there is probably someone lurking at Citeh or Liverpool or somewhere who we could jump to top of the list for a proper purchase with if he doesn’t become total world class, by loaning him now? Is the young Portugese lad at PSG due to start or does he need a year with us?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Our best couple of options seem to have finalised moves to European clubs so it’s becoming bit more worrying for outsiders. I bet the club have a good idea though and that we’ll find out when he’s signed. The Austrian midfielder/CB could be another piece of the puzzle as Potter likes converting players and LWB in our system could be interesting for him. More defensive when Lampty or March are on the right side bombing on or more average when someone like Veltman is over there.

Completely out the blue, I wonder if it would be a good position to loan some amazing youngster in at since we have depth in Solly? I’m usually against similar but there is probably someone lurking at Citeh or Liverpool or somewhere who we could jump to top of the list for a proper purchase with if he doesn’t become total world class, by loaning him now? Is the young Portugese lad at PSG due to start or does he need a year with us?

Across the footballing world there is a wealth of RB/RWB and a lack of LB/LWB. Cucurella is probably in the top 3 within the Premier League after just 1 season. A loan in with the quality we require is unlikely.

Jamal Lewis looked very useful at Norwich and isn't involved much at Newcastle. Spurs have a few so maybe Reguilon or Sessegnon could be surplus to requirements. Danny Rose could be a short term as wants out of Watford. But for me Josko Gvardiol at RB Leipzig could become a superstar and at 20 would be a fabulous signing full of potential or Luca Metz at Borussia Monchengladbach a 19 year old breaking into the first team

Last edited:

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Hasn’t Marcelo been released by Real Madrid [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

Across the footballing world there is a wealth of RB/RWB and a lack of LB/LWB. Cucurella is probably in the top 3 within the Premier League after just 1 season. A loan in with the quality we require is unlikely.

Jamal Lewis looked very useful at Norwich and isn't involved much at Newcastle. Spurs have a few so maybe Reguilon or Sessegnon could be surplus to requirements. Danny Rose could be a short term as wants out of Watford. But for me Josko Gvardiol at RB Leipzig could become a superstar and at 20 would be a fabulous signing full of potential or Luca Metz at Borussia Monchengladbach a 19 year old breaking into the first team

Given our strong links with Newcastle, Jamal Lewis is actually a decent shout

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jamal Lewis looked very useful at Norwich and isn't involved much at Newcastle. Spurs have a few so maybe Reguilon or Sessegnon could be surplus to requirements.

Jamal crashed and burned at Newcastle, not a top 10 EPL player. I think he is done there, we don’t want their off-cuts.

There are rumours that we have already been refused a transfer for Reguilon, a player who hasn’t exactly set the EPL alight (compared to Cucu). Sessegnon is a good shout but Conte likes him and he is surely in Spur’s long term plans now

I’m going for your man at RB Leipzig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here