Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] *^*Strictly Come Dancing 2023 Official Thread*^*

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's that time of year again as the anticipation builds for one of NSC's very favourite shows....it's almost Strictly time.

:O

First two contestants have been made for this years edition, which will again be held under strict covid protocols, and the BBC have gone absolutely box office with singing and soap star sensations Will Mellor and Kim Marsh.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It's that time of year again as the anticipation builds for one of NSC's very favourite shows....it's almost Strictly time.

:O

First two contestants have been made for this years edition, which will again be held under strict covid protocols, and the BBC have gone absolutely box office with singing and soap star sensations Will Mellor and Kim Marsh.

Can't comment on her dancing skills but is just me but she comes across as distinctly flakey but will be a dirty bag of spanners?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can't comment on her dancing skills but is just me but she comes across as distinctly flakey but will be a dirty bag of spanners?

I don't know for sure but I do know she is one of Man Utds most famous supporters.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't say I share Crodo's enthusiasm but it is always on in our house and I quite enjoy it. I am in awe of some of the dancing improvement too. Having two left feet I tend to side with the useless dancer who gets through to latter rounds purely on sympathy votes from the public

I wonder who the Dad/Mum dancer the public loves will be this year

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The older Kym Marsh gets, the prettier she seems to be. I won't be watching unless she gets to the final. Expect the bookies to make her one of the favourites to win Strictly. She's lovely is Kym. :love:

download.jpeg-5.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can't say I share Crodo's enthusiasm but it is always on in our house and I quite enjoy it. I am in awe of some of the dancing improvement too. Having two left feet I tend to side with the useless dancer who gets through to latter rounds purely on sympathy votes from the public

I wonder who the Dad/Mum dancer the public loves will be this year

Rumours abound on social media on who else may be in this year. Strongly linked so far have been Rusty Lee, Linford Christie, Barry Scott, Alastair Campbell, Michaela Strachan and Andi Peters. I'd also wager an ex-womens footballer will be a shoe in and there will be at least 2 same sex couples.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Rumours abound on social media on who else may be in this year. Strongly linked so far have been Rusty Lee, Linford Christie, Barry Scott, Alastair Campbell, Michaela Strachan and Andi Peters. I'd also wager an ex-womens footballer will be a shoe in and there will be at least 2 same sex couples.

Sounds plausible as lots of boxes ticked there. Obviously, Linford will need to be tested as we don't want poor old Auntie BBC having a " it was the cough syrup honest guv ' scandal :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Television for the elderly. Not for me, Clive. Good luck to Kym though, a lovely sawt.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Television for the elderly. Not for me, Clive. Good luck to Kym though, a lovely sawt.

" For the elderly " is I think harsh. Quite simply I think it's run it's course and in recent years the level of alleged celebrating has dipped to C and below. At it's peak it was a great piece of inoffensive light entertainment that could appeal to a lot of ages and with a charismatic host in Bruce Forsyth.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Best moment of Strictly so far……

Voulez-vous being played by the band, which gave myself and my son to spontaneously burst into Caciedo……

Much to the annoyance of my wife, but quite honestly it had to be done……

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Voulez-vous being played by the band, which gave myself and my son to spontaneously burst into Caciedo……

We have to take whatever amusement we can get once a wife has control of the remote and we are forced to watch something we wouldn’t choose to watch :wink:

Don’t have a clue who most of these people are so COME ON Tony Adams :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Love Strictly. By far the cheapest and most convenient way of seeing several lithe young women dancing around in skimpy outfits on a Saturday evening.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’m browsing on here because Mrs D is watching it……I did the same without even looking up, to the same reaction :laugh::laugh:

Anyway, probably my last post on this thread because I can’t stand this genre of TV. Going in the other room to watch Mortimer and Whitehouse :D :fishing::fishing:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Adams is likely to be the first one out this year :down:

Rubbish!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We have to take whatever amusement we can get once a wife has control of the remote and we are forced to watch something we wouldn’t choose to watch :wink:

Don’t have a clue who most of these people are so COME ON Tony Adams :lolol:

Don’t put any money on him…….oh dear……

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm surprised Adams didn't stick his arm up and appeal for offside.

More wooden than a goalpost.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No idea who Will is but he is very good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here