Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Baby bird fallen in Chimney

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
A couple of years ago ( first time in 20 years) a baby bird fell into unused chimney breast. I called someone out they took away panelling and released the bird.
Same thing happen yesterday, I have rung several people and not able to do it, busy. However also I have not heard the bird for 24 hours now, from first hearing it 26 hours ago. I assume it is dead, should I just leave it in boarded over chimney breast?
I will now its happed again get covers for the chimney pots!
Thanks to any helpfull replies.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am a professional bird from chimney remover and it’s a 5’minute job.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
A couple of years ago ( first time in 20 years) a baby bird fell into unused chimney breast. I called someone out they took away panelling and released the bird.
Same thing happen yesterday, I have rung several people and not able to do it, busy. However also I have not heard the bird for 24 hours now, from first hearing it 26 hours ago. I assume it is dead, should I just leave it in boarded over chimney breast?
I will now its happed again get covers for the chimney pots!
Thanks to any helpfull replies.

Never give up on a bird,sometimes they go into a kind of silent mode presumably a prey instinct. I had 2 birds in as many years behind a fireplace i had covered,but fortunately i had put a sliding vent into the bottom of the panelling and so simply removed it and both survived thank God. A third happened on a fireplace that had been done by someone else,it had been closed with blocks ,so i got a hammer and chisel and made a hole to release it ,latter putting a vent in.Please don`t give up on the little critter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here