Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Iconic gigs you were at (with decent footage if you post a youtuby)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Idles at Glastonbury is iconic for me, as it felt like they made the step to being a well known band that day, other than shouty Bristol underground band. Luckily you can see me basically in the entire gig in my sandtex shirt

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
11th June 1988. Wembley Stadium.

Nelson Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute.

"The estimated audience for the Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute of 600 million in 67 countries was arguably an underestimate in that several broadcasters in Africa were given a free licence. However, the apartheid government did not allow the event to be broadcast in South Africa.

But news of the event and its popularity reached Mandela and other political prisoners. In time, the strong ripple effect is thought to have increased pressure on the government to release Mandela, and it became increasingly likely that he would be released, albeit 20 months after the concert and 27 years after he was put in prison."

Sometimes music just transcends into something much bigger.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Not everyone's favourite.....
But a great night for Mrs AR and moi, hob knobbing in amongst so called celebs.
Great live music.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I witnessed the Stone Roses’ infamously terrible performance at the Reading Festival in 1996. To think I could’ve seen Underworld in the Dance Tent instead!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Oasis @ Knebworth. No personal video but a couple of pics from the day.

8D605084-09DE-420B-8466-C3C07DE6CB28.jpeg
5D54CD00-B410-41CB-B60F-17BFFEB3DE99.jpeg

Attachments

• 8875E200-4377-4B45-B901-305B87C23B82.jpeg
    8875E200-4377-4B45-B901-305B87C23B82.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 177

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
11th June 1988. Wembley Stadium.

Nelson Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute.

"The estimated audience for the Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute of 600 million in 67 countries was arguably an underestimate in that several broadcasters in Africa were given a free licence. However, the apartheid government did not allow the event to be broadcast in South Africa.

But news of the event and its popularity reached Mandela and other political prisoners. In time, the strong ripple effect is thought to have increased pressure on the government to release Mandela, and it became increasingly likely that he would be released, albeit 20 months after the concert and 27 years after he was put in prison."

Sometimes music just transcends into something much bigger.

I was at this, and on the following Tuesday I sailed for an 8 month deployment to Australia.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Iconic gigs
Freddie Mercury Aids Awareness
Live Aid
Queen Knebworth 86
Jam's last gig 82
First Two Tone Tour date 1979
Big 4 Knebworth 2011
Sabbath Reunion Birmingham 97
Sabbaths last gig Birmingham 2017
Guns N Roses Monsters of Rock 88
Metallica 'Where's Lars' gig 2004
Pink Floyd The Wall 1980
Sex Pistols Filthy Lucre
Buzzcocks ' riot gig' 78
Motorhead Port Vale 81
Rolling Stones Brixton Academy 94
The Damned ' Night of a Thousand Vampires ' 2019

Off the top of my head :rock:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No footage as none of us had phones in those days but in 1995 I saw The Stone Roses in Wolverhampton who were epic, and Faith No More in Portsmouth who played Epic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well said. I still go to Donington and mention to the young 'uns, that the reason they can feel safe at festivals like this is because those two lads paid the ultimate and unimaginable price.
RIP.

Good points.

I remember the day well. I'd been to the previous three events so was familiar with the status of the acts and the numbers which would typically turn up early in the day; there was a feeling of excitement and a huge swell in numbers just before GnR came on. We were about half way back but still got a bit squashed and some were losing their footing, I did not realise how serious it had been down the front until I got home.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
David Bowie, Milton Keynes Bowl, 1990.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I witnessed the Stone Roses’ infamously terrible performance at the Reading Festival in 1996. To think I could’ve seen Underworld in the Dance Tent instead!

I had this same conversation with someone on Tuesday night. Them not me at Reading.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I went to the first 10ish of Big Beat Boutique. Brilliant nights and exciting to be at the beginning of something. Watching the crowds grow and grow was pretty crazy.

No footage I am (not) afraid.

Oasis at Glastonbury 95, when Robbie Williams was knobbing about with them.
Day Tripper - Ride and The Charlatans
These Animal Men - The Gloucester, relaunch when they decided to ditch the crusty/grebo look and go all punk.
Paul Weller - Royal Albert Hall
Radiohead in the tent in the park in London - Iconic because it was so bloody quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here