Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Joni Mitchell performing yesterday at New Port festival

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
For all of you oldies like me for whom Joni has been great company through life then go straight to YouTube and check out what happened yesterday..... get the hankies, out I couldn't stop smiling and crying at the same time

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Oh thank you for posting this. Truly beautiful. I've cried like a baby. I

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Torn between “I wish she hadn’t ” and “oh my god, that’s wonderful!”
So many happy memories (and not a few tears).

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Fantastic stuff - in an era when the word legend is tossed around at will, she genuinely deserves it.
Can't begin to imagine what it's like to have to teach yourself basic mobility after a brain aneurysm, let alone learning to sing and play guitar again at 78. Awesome :ohmy:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Watching and listening to that video of 'Both Sides Now' was a truly cathartic experience. Left in tears, but feeling much happier about the world. Flashes of the young woman who wrote it crossing your mind, along with thoughts about the magical healing power of music. There's definitely a bit of 'Don't go gently into the light' about Joni, who has always been a bit cussid and all the better for it. The annuerism hasn't taken her jazz phrasing. You could see the impact that some of her unexpected vocal choices were having on Brandi Carlile, who seemed at time to be thinking 'I knew that she could do this, but I didn't know she could still be this good.' Wonderful. Thanks for posting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here