Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Benn vs Eubank

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I did know but can't remember now, heard Hearn talk about trying to get it sorted.

DAZN is sh!t though and for casual fans and older fans it's horrible to navigate.

As for this fight itself I have no interest at all, it's a pure cash grab that makes absolute no sporting sense at all. Eubank Jr. and Benn are really 3 whole weight divisions apart and its all down to weight who will win, therefore gives the other an excuse if they lose.

If Jr. isn't dead on the scales he should win conformably due to his size and experience, if he's fu*ked at the weight then it gives Benn a chance to take advantage of Jr.'s lack of resistance and stamina from the weight cut and lack of rehydration.

It's a terrible fight and Jr. has wasted so much of his career already, although Benn is in a division of monsters both internationally and domestically it's time he started fighting some fighters that aren't shot to pieces and really tested himself. He probably would tbf but Hearn knows he's a cash cow and his stable is getting thing of those.

If collecting belts was his priority then you’d be right, but sadly his motivation is money and he’s made a lot of it.
He lacks the one-punch power and craft to be top class anyway.
I won’t be paying for this one. Happy to contribute to DAZN failing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I won’t be paying for this one. Happy to contribute to DAZN failing.

This. Enjoyed the Joe Joyce evening, that'll do me for PPV for a good while now. No interest in this catchweight nonsense anyway.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Clomifene is usually used at the end of a cycle to help prevent excess testosterone turning to estrogen. On it's own it's fairly pointless.

However, it really is not surprising to me that Benn has been on something. It's far more common in pro sports today than you'd imagine. They're normally very good at masking it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Clomifene is usually used at the end of a cycle to help prevent excess testosterone turning to estrogen. On it's own it's fairly pointless.

However, it really is not surprising to me that Benn has been on something. It's far more common in pro sports today than you'd imagine. They're normally very good at masking it.

So is it a genuine PED then?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
So is it a genuine PED then?

In theory, yes. But it's not a steroid.

It's used after steroids, or I believe it can be used alongside steroids for a short amount of time as a masking agent.

Either way, although Clomifene (more commonly known as Clomid) is what has been detected, it points to other PED's being used.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
From what I gather, it also helps restart your normal testosterone production post cycle.

So your body has a high amount of test and says 'woah OK we have enough now, time to stop producing testosterone' once you've finished your cycle....... obviously you wouldn't want your body to stop producing testosterone naturally, so the Clomifene resets the clock so to speak and carries on producing natural test post cycle on top of your already high levels.

Apparently this is Benn's Dr. He's an expert in male hormone replacement, interesting to see the names he looks after! Also interesting his website has gone offline!

I don't know how to post twitter link but someone managed to scroll the website before it went offline.

https://twitter.com/KOCymru/status/1577618864875216897

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Eddie Hearn isnt coming out of this looking very good. He's been very vocal in the past when opponents fail tests e.g. the bloke who Andy Ruiz replaced and also someone recently regarding a contractal obligation to sign up to WADA. Different story here; seems to be trying to bend the rules to keep the fight on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
However, it really is not surprising to me that Benn has been on something.

What makes you think this? I have no agenda, just curious.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fights off

Hearn was going to make an awful lot of money from this. He won’t be going down with out a (very expensive) fight.

Benn's promoter Eddie Hearn, of Matchroom Boxing, told BBC Sport: "As we stand right now, the British Boxing Board of Control is not sanctioning the fight.

"That does not mean the fight is off, but there is a process we have to go through…..Conor Benn is not suspended, he is free and clear to fight. There's lots going on with the lawyers."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here