Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] WHO declares highest alert over monkeypox

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Monkeypox declared a global health emergency by the World Health Organization following a surge in cases"

More lockdowns?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Spread via close physical or sexual contact I believe, so no need for lockdowns.
However, he said the outbreak had spread around the world rapidly and he had decided that it was indeed of international concern.

Too little was understood about the new modes of transmission which had allowed it to spread, said Dr Tedros.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
However, he said the outbreak had spread around the world rapidly and he had decided that it was indeed of international concern.

Too little was understood about the new modes of transmission which had allowed it to spread, said Dr Tedros.

You should get a job with the Daily Express.

'Most cases of the virus are mild, sometimes resembling chickenpox, and clear up on their own within a few weeks'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45665821

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
You should get a job with the Daily Express.

'Most cases of the virus are mild, sometimes resembling chickenpox, and clear up on their own within a few weeks'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45665821
"The WHO's assessment is that the risk of monkeypox is moderate globally and in all regions, except in the European region, where we assess the risk as high," he added.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Simply quoting the BBC

…but then you posed the question ‘’more lockdowns’’ …..how did you jump to that?

Oh and when people talk about following the experts…

‘’Dr. Tedros ignored his own expert committee after nine voted against the designation and only six in favour. It was the first time a UN health agency chief has unilaterally made such a decision without an expert recommendation.‘’ :moo:

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I struggle to get worried about something that has killed FIVE people ..... WORLDWIDE !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
…but then you posed the question ‘’more lockdowns’’ …..how did you jump to that?

Oh and when people talk about following the experts…

‘’Dr. Tedros ignored his own expert committee after nine voted against the designation and only six in favour. It was the first time a UN health agency chief has unilaterally made such a decision without an expert recommendation.‘’ :moo:

Dr Dros grabbing his 15 minutes of fame.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I struggle to get worried about something that has killed FIVE people ..... WORLDWIDE !

It’s absolutely not transmissible like COVID 19 either, according to the BBC’s Health and Science correspondent this outbreak is “overwhelmingly concentrated” in either:

Gay men having sex with men
Bisexual men having sex with men, and
Heterosexual men having sex with men.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62279436

So, stay out the brown room guys…….let’s keep everybody safe!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here