Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Paddy Hopkirk.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Rally driver for those that didn't know as the OP seemed to want to keep that a secret if you don't know.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
RIP Paddy , these should sell fast if not already gone

https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/mini-news/paddy-hopkirk-edition.html

PADDY HOPKIRK SPECIAL EDITION MINI COOPER S. DESIGNED TO DEFY THE ODDS.

A lot has changed in the world of MINI since Paddy Hopkirk stormed the 1964 Monte Carlo rally. But something that remains forever unchanged is our challenger spirit. Our boldness. Our tenacity. So we decided to build a MINI in celebration of that spirit, of that ultimate MINI challenger moment – Paddy Hopkirk’s first Monte Carlo victory (there were another two after that, just in case you don’t know).

Meet the Paddy Hopkirk Special Edition MINI Cooper S, complete with exclusive and unique design features. And when we say special edition, we mean it; we only have 100 of these available in the UK.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Won the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally in a Mini Cooper

38D4C09C-A61F-4BA1-9840-012C9536FAF1.jpeg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Superb driver and personality from the old days of rallying and TV

Will be sanely missed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ah, those souped up minis (nothing like the current monstrosities masquerading as minis these days!) I had an ordinary (not souped up and cooperised) one - loved it! Same colour as Mr. Bean's though, so not terribly cool!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah, those souped up minis (nothing like the current monstrosities masquerading as minis these days!) I had an ordinary (not souped up and cooperised) one - loved it! Same colour as Mr. Bean's though, so not terribly cool!

I loved my maroon mini.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Many years back, got talked in to a camping weekend in Dorset with the GF, she had a Mini... fudging thing was awful, died on almost every hill, we had Milk Floats trying to overtake us. God awful weekend and subsequently have noticed that Mini's are almost universally owned either by girls with pony tails or complete cretins who think they are living in a never ending " Italian Job " .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Many years back, got talked in to a camping weekend in Dorset with the GF, she had a Mini... fudging thing was awful, died on almost every hill, we had Milk Floats trying to overtake us. God awful weekend and subsequently have noticed that Mini's are almost universally owned either by girls with pony tails or complete cretins who think they are living in a never ending " Italian Job " .
Was she as disappointed as you?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Bloke i worked with had the same. Yellow 850. It was called The Ballistic Banana.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here