Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contract Rebels

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
With so many first team players not signing contract extensions how will this effect our business model going forward?

We are going to have to accept cut price fees for Maupay, Trossard and Ali Mac just like we did with Biss otherwise risk losing them for free

Player power could really damage the plan we are trying to put in place

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wouldn't worry, tbh.

I'm struggling to see who are "rebels".

Trossard, Veltman and unknown others have club options on a further contract year anyway.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
With so many first team players not signing contract extensions how will this effect our business model going forward?

We are going to have to accept cut price fees for Maupay, Trossard and Ali Mac just like we did with Biss otherwise risk losing them for free

:shit:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It’ll have a negative effect on us trying to keep players.

It’ll probably have an equally positive effect on us trying to sign players.

Running contracts down isn’t just an us issue, players and agents everywhere have realised running their contracts down and scooping up bigger wages & a mammoth signing on fee is in their best interests. The worst case scenario for players at the level we’re competing at is they’ll struggle to find a club and will then have to drop their demands to the kind of fees they’d have received if they’d signed a contract at their previous club.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

56093419-6CC0-4DFF-A3BD-749FBE8CB8E6.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Could always get some agency workers in to fill the gaps in the squad? Apparently that’s OK now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Player power has been a thing since Sky and Bosman. These players are no more rebels than you are a okapi.

You certainly have a history of worrying about this sort of stuff though, for such an infrequent poster. I'd suggest this isn't the way to get yourself a job in the club recruitment team.
Seems to be a bit of a fire sale going on this summer, with the club desperate to get players off the books....

We took a £37m loan out recently and the Amex expansion has been postponed. Bloom’s key businesses was said to be commercial property and sports gambling both of which have been hit very hard by COVID

Everyone knows we lost a whopping £67m last season, are we in a bit of trouble?

Our most important player. How long is his contract till?

It was a huge huge cock up from the club. Anyone who can't see that really has swallowed all of Barber's spin hook line and sinker

You either don't care about the Albion or you simply don't understand football

Kayal and Stephens signing new contracts is the most important thing that could happen to us this season

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

By so many you mean TWO who MAY not sign new contracts and who’s current contract expires next season. Get a grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
By so many you mean TWO who MAY not sign new contracts and who’s current contract expires next season. Get a grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh he's got a grip - firmly on his Palace shirt between his teeth as Parish rewards him for his cleverness.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Oh he's got a grip - firmly on his Palace shirt between his teeth as Parish rewards him for his cleverness.

Ha definitely not a p*lace fan. But as some of those previous posts show maybe im too much of a worrier as far as the Albion is concerned! (although I still maintain players not signing contract extensions does make our business model so much harder)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Ha definitely not a p*lace fan. But as some of those previous posts show maybe im too much of a worrier as far as the Albion is concerned! (although I still maintain players not signing contract extensions does make our business model so much harder)

I think the thing is that you're not enough of a worrier. You go missing for months or years on end and then start a thread that proposes a load of tripe that any Brighton fan who has been paying attention could dismiss in their sleep.

Plus there's the knowing, slightly homophobic, user name. I'm not sure it was funny when Windsor Davies used it.

Turn the laptop off and go out before Croydon Fried Chicken runs out of cheap offcuts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
I think the thing is that you're not enough of a worrier. You go missing for months or years on end and then start a thread that proposes a load of tripe that any Brighton fan who has been paying attention could dismiss in their sleep.

Plus there's the knowing, slightly homophobic, user name. I'm not sure it was funny when Windsor Davies used it.

Turn the laptop off and go out before Croydon Fried Chicken runs out of cheap offcuts.

Wow!

I’ve been signed up to NSC since 2005 so some long game I must be playing then! Just very rarely logon and post.

Think I’ll keep it that way from now on!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I’ve been signed up to NSC since 2005 so some long game I must be playing then! Just very rarely logon and post.

Think I’ll keep it that way from now on!

Given your "input" I think that's probably best for both of us. Enjoy the rest of the internet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here