Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your top 3 worst home shirts.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
albion1.jpg

albion2.jpg

albion3.jpg

All about messing with the stripes for me. Didn't like the all blue shirt much but at least it was solid.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
The first one is definitely my least favourite of all time, the new one is close to being the worst but the middle one is actually one of my all time favourites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm not a fan of stripes in general whether for the albion or in fashion. So I think all albion shirts look poor except for our pin striped shirt a couple years back

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The first one is definitely my least favourite of all time, the new one is close to being the worst but the middle one is actually one of my all time favourites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember people liking it too, but I always hated it, despite the amazing season we had in it.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The first shirt we had at Gillingham was fittingly horrid. I'm not a fan of this year's either but the worst for me is this from 2004/5...
Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 07.35.14.png

Back in the days when I actually used to buy the current season's replica shirt, this one lasted a day before I took it back to the club shop. That white gap on the bottom!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The first shirt we had at Gillingham was fittingly horrid. I'm not a fan of this year's either but the worst for me is this from 2004/5...
View attachment 150160

Back in the days when I actually used to buy the current season's replica shirt, this one lasted a day before I took it back to the club shop. That white gap on the bottom!

IIRC that one was personally designed by DK

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The three in the OP are indeed pretty terrible shirts. Imagine walking around with a giant H on your front, like a member of the Steps fan club.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The three in the OP are indeed pretty terrible shirts. Imagine walking around with a giant H on your front, like a member of the Steps fan club.

Hang on, I hadn't thought of that, I've changed my mind. It's AMAZING.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hang on, I hadn't thought of that, I've changed my mind. It's AMAZING.

I was always more of an Ace of Base man myself. I was in HMV looking for the new releases section, then I saw the sign.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Cant paste pictures, but there was Sandtex one which was predominantly blue, with a sort of squiggle effect, blue shorts, blue socks.. Early 90s.. truly the worst of all time.. but new one coming close for me.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Cant paste pictures, but there was Sandtex one which was predominantly blue, with a sort of squiggle effect, blue shorts, blue socks.. Early 90s.. truly the worst of all time.. but new one coming close for me.

This one?
Didn’t mind it personally, but it wasn’t much liked at the time. You couldn’t actually buy it until late October. Still have mine and it’s in good nick!

2BF3DC44-9F8D-4D8D-A066-9CF5FF1C61AD.jpeg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I can excuse bad shirts when the club wasn’t in great shape.

In 2022, we’re a PL club with a solid infrastructure, inc highly paid execs.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Im a bit of a traditionalist & geek when it comes to sports uniforms &, coming from a design background myself, hate the way football shirts change yearly now....some designs clearly done with not much thought process (even though Nike will inevitably come out with some BS about our shirt showing how "the yellow trim reflects the golden sunsets Brighton has, and the big blue stripes represent a city with a strong individual identity"). They always do...you see it all the time across their ranges in various pro sports leagues.

Keep it simple....3 or 4 alternate stripes, and dont go too garish is what I say. Last years shirt was good I thought, but not impressed with this years offering - pretty much on the same level as the one below that Leo is wearing IMO.

leonardo-ulloa-8720599.jpg
brighton-22-23-home-kit-1.jpg
extra_football_shirt_37221_1.jpg

That said, Im an almost 50yr old male that doesn't wear football shirts - so Im not the target group. Im sure plenty of kids will like it, although my 16yr old has said it looks sh1t.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Can someone please knock up an image of H in the new shirt please? :)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Im a bit of a traditionalist & geek when it comes to sports uniforms &, coming from a design background myself, hate the way football shirts change yearly now....some designs clearly done with not much thought process (even though Nike will inevitably come out with some BS about our shirt showing how "the yellow trim reflects the golden sunsets Brighton has, and the big blue stripes represent a city with a strong individual identity"). They always do...you see it all the time across their ranges in various pro sports leagues.

Keep it simple....3 or 4 alternate stripes, and dont go too garish is what I say. Last years shirt was good I thought, but not impressed with this years offering - pretty much on the same level as the one below that Leo is wearing IMO.

View attachment 150164
View attachment 150165
View attachment 150166

That said, Im an almost 50yr old male that doesn't wear football shirts - so Im not the target group. Im sure plenty of kids will like it, although my 16yr old has said it looks sh1t.

I know this thread is presenting an opportunity to knock the new shirt, but I quite like it. Admittedly I hadn't noticed the H until you posted these pictures...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
FC066D6F-D502-4799-8055-361BD927876C.jpeg
What the hell is this? We play in blue and white stripes…..and why have we got black socks?

EFACAD61-D38E-48AD-9073-A18BCC65A77A.jpeg
As comment above and and trying to look like a blue and white Arsenal kit.

09B8EE9A-8B3E-44D3-B3D9-B678BA97ED86.jpeg
Far too white.

Kit designers were useless back then :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here