Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best Mexican Restaurant in Brighton?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Mrs GCCM is celebrating her 50th birthday soon and wants to go with her best friend to a Mexican in Brighton. Any recommendations please?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I’ve enjoyed La Choza on a few occasions. Quite basic but delicious food.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Not been there for a while but La Choza has always been excellent. Carlitos Burritos is fine, and Wahaca a bit fancier

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
La Choza is the best food but small.

Wahaca is probably the best of the chain options.

Either won't take up a huge amount of your life, time wise. I had a 50th last year. I did a pub and curry night with the lads and a full on fine dining night at Salt Rooms with Mrs GB which we stretched out to 2 hours. Tacos turn up pretty quickly - they're meant to be street food.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for the recommendations! And as for timing, she loves Mexican food so I guess she knows what she's letting herself in for. She has a whole itinerary in any case to keep her busy with her friend, Brighton is not short of attractions!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another vote for La Choza. I have been there a number of times after a few post-match drinks; be warned it can get lively in there on a Saturday evening.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah defo La Choza proper authentic and decent.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not been to the other recommendations but Las Iguanas was pretty good when we went there.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I'm a big La Choza fan. The North Laine restaurant is a bit basic, but the food is lovely. When they had the second restaurant on Western Road, it was a bit nicer to sit upstairs for a celebration.
I have heard good things about both of these and will have to give them a try. Tlaloc looks like a nice set up.

Wahaca I have really enjoyed in London, but the Brighton one was a huge disappointment. I tried it just after it opened, so it may have improved.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Anywhere serving Mole sauce has my vote.

82d8c02cbc8c52e2cad2a39e2e7e0519.jpg

Must try this place!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm a big La Choza fan. The North Laine restaurant is a bit basic, but the food is lovely. When they had the second restaurant on Western Road, it was a bit nicer to sit upstairs for a celebration.
I have heard good things about both of these and will have to give them a try. Tlaloc looks like a nice set up.

Wahaca I have really enjoyed in London, but the Brighton one was a huge disappointment. I tried it just after it opened, so it may have improved.

La Choza is very good. I do like it, just prefer the ones I mentioned. Maybe I was a bit ok familiar with La Choza, I can get a bit bored no matter how good a place is.

Yeah, Brighton Wahaca isn’t great. The staff are quite annoying.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another vote for La Choza. I have been there a number of times after a few post-match drinks; be warned it can get lively in there on a Saturday evening.

Just to clarify, lively in a nice and fun way. My point is that if you were wanting a quiet romantic date maybe go elsewhere.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, Mrs GCCM elected for La Choza and had a lovely lunch there with her friend.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Went to La Choza today with Mrs GCCM and youngest son who is at uni in Brighton. Very good, another thanks for those that recommended this place. I like that it's fairly small and the atmosphere was great. Food was decent too!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
La Choza is the best in Brighton but,if you can travel.... La Salsa Viva Cantina in Worthing is highly recommended! Trust me, excellent nosh !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
La Choza is the best in Brighton but,if you can travel.... La Salsa Viva Cantina in Worthing is highly recommended! Trust me, excellent nosh !
Agreed very good. Crudo pretty good as well but a bit more ‘trendy. - soft shell crab tacos are amazing though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here