Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Fixed price energy deals

I must confess to being naive in these matters. Almost certainly autumn and winter will be "interesting" from an energy aspect and a friend is a big fan of these and has used them for several years. I have made enquiries of our supplier, Utility Warehouse, regarding what they can offer and they have responded thus......

Our current fixed tariff available is green fix 32 and it is fixed until 31st July 2023. If you wish to go onto this tariff your electric would go up by £933.84 per year based on current usage and your gas would increase by £986.04. So your monthly cost would increase by £159.99 based on your current average monthly usage. Please let us now if you wish to go onto this tariff and we can arrange that for you.

On the face of things we will be paying considerably more (nearly £2K for the next twelve months) in the "hope" that the unfixed cost will greatly increase.

Is this right or am I being dense (no need to answer the second part :) )

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I must confess to being naive in these matters. Almost certainly autumn and winter will be "interesting" from an energy aspect and a friend is a big fan of these and has used them for several years. I have made enquiries of our supplier, Utility Warehouse, regarding what they can offer and they have responded thus......

Our current fixed tariff available is green fix 32 and it is fixed until 31st July 2023. If you wish to go onto this tariff your electric would go up by £933.84 per year based on current usage and your gas would increase by £986.04. So your monthly cost would increase by £159.99 based on your current average monthly usage. Please let us now if you wish to go onto this tariff and we can arrange that for you.

On the face of things we will be paying considerably more (nearly £2K for the next twelve months) in the "hope" that the unfixed cost will greatly increase.

Is this right or am I being dense (no need to answer the second part :) )

Best to refer to Martin Lewis TBH

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/u...eap--fixed-energy-deals-currently-worth-it--/

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
You would need to look at the standing charge costs and unit price for the new fix then compare it with other fixes with different companies. Look on Martin Lewis' site, that has a comparison tool. The direct debit amount is irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here