Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Sully's Way - Petition- Please Sign

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If you can help Sully's Way please sign the petition.

I know there's his main thread but I want to keep that specifically for updates on Sully.

This is about a campaign for help to all in hospital but unable to communicate their wishes. It is being championed by Sully's partner Kim.

I will add, no funds from the Gofundme page (for Sully's care only) are being used for this, but something Kim and her friends are doing.

It has support from the medical staff at the hospitals Sully has been in and has been in the Argus and as many have seen on the BBC.

https://chng.it/rwP9tkwhK2

More info here www.sullysway.com

Thanks once again for your support :):clap2::clap2:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Signed but don't understand. Surely any partner has all these rights from the off. They'd be the first contact in all desicions and have access rights or am I wrong.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Signed. Although I thought this was going to be a petition to rename a street or walkway at the Amex at first.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Signed but don't understand. Surely any partner has all these rights from the off. They'd be the first contact in all desicions and have access rights or am I wrong.

It's about simple care. Yes big decisions are often discussed with next of kin, this is more about the continuity of care. For example The notes at the end of the bed are medical, there's no patient wishes and these are often a consideration especially when dealing with a dementia patient. Sully, for instance had his oral medication given him and he refused to take it, the nurse had placed water on the table for him to drink while he took them. She tried a few times then left his pills with the water and went off, she obviously had other patients to deal with. Kim arrives at visiting time, and sees the pills there and water untouched. Asks why this is so, the reply she got was he refuses perhaps you could help. Kim has told nurses previously he would not drink just water and to give him juice. She proceeded to show the nurse. Straight away he drank it and took his pills. He hadn't had a drink since Kim was last in! A simple example but there's many more. The Pass would allow people to attend to their loved ones on a more formal basis helping all who care for them at the same time and indeed allowing the medical staff to concentrate on their responsibilities.

I put this way, when a child enters hospital the parent is allowed unfettered access and help the child, comforts them and gives the basic care they need from a parent. When we get old many revert back, unfortunately, to that "child" in their needs. Currently there isn't a formal agreement for the next of kin to offer this care.

It's not suitable for all but it will help many with complex or even simple needs, but are unable to articulate them.

Hope that explains it.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Unfortunately not. First time I was as in ICU my wife wasn’t allowed in at all. The second time it was only for an hour a day. I was unable to communicate and that hour felt like the most important of my life, every time. The remaining 23 were spent looking forward to that hour. Whilst I generally had wonderful care from the NHS there were also a few decisions made where I needed my wife as advocate and more involved in my care.
Ps, just read Piltdown’s post above and I agree completely. First time I was in intensive care I was massively thirsty and nothing was done. Second time my wife on her brief visits was at least able to tell them I would be thirsty so they could give me drink on a kind of sponge stick. I was so relieved as I knew what I wanted but couldn’t speak. She was also able to explain I was fine with everything they were doing but needed it all explaining. Everyone is different so it’s difficult for the medical staff to know.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Unfortunately not. First time I was as in ICU my wife wasn’t allowed in at all. The second time it was only for an hour a day. I was unable to communicate and that hour felt like the most important of my life, every time. The remaining 23 were spent looking forward to that hour. Whilst I generally had wonderful care from the NHS there were also a few decisions made where I needed my wife as advocate and more involved in my care.
Ps, just read Piltdown’s post above and I agree completely. First time I was in intensive care I was massively thirsty and nothing was done. Second time my wife on her brief visits was at least able to tell them I would be thirsty so they could give me drink on a kind of sponge stick. I was so relieved as I knew what I wanted but couldn’t speak. She was also able to explain I was fine with everything they were doing but needed it all explaining. Everyone is different so it’s difficult for the medical staff to know.

Thanks for your post it is a first person account of the issues encountered and what we are campaigning for. It has the support of many managers in the NHS

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Done. You really couldnt be doing more to help PM , and you are right up there too JH!:bowdown::bhasign:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

You'd be amazed.

Having been through the NHS every day since March, I fully support this initiative.

Communication to family from the NHS (and inter NHS) can be utterly appalling. Sometime you feel like the only person coordinating different departments.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bounce

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thanks again everyone keep signing those that haven't

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A little encouragement

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great response so far but we need more, if you believe in this please take the time to sign.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This initiative is clearly very important to Kim so let's show what NSC is made of and really get behind it.

It's so quick and easy to sign the petition and share it amongst your contacts. The change that is being proposed will help so many patients and their loved ones.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This initiative is clearly very important to Kim so let's show what NSC is made of and really get behind it.

It's so quick and easy to sign the petition and share it amongst your contacts. The change that is being proposed will help so many patients and their loved ones.

Thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here